Something CCleaner Pro did has slowed my computer and cursor movement

embram

How can I fix what CCleaner did to my computer? I installed the trial version of CCleaner Pro and ran the process that's supposed to fix and speed up your computer (including updating all the drivers, etc.) Immediately afterward my cursor, which had always moved smoothly across my screen, now moves only haltingly, with a one second pause before it goes again for another second, followed by another one second pause, etc. I uninstalled CCleaner Pro immediately, but the problem remains. How can I fix it?

I would try system restore. If no restore points available then try:
Right click on start & choose powershell/terminal with admin & type/copy & paste these cmds one at a time then click Enter:
SFC /SCANNOW
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup 
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Are there any devices with an exclamation mark beside them under device manager? You may check under the USB section.
If you know which drivers updated then you can see if rolling back the drivers helps. This can be done under the driver updater section.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

9 hours ago, Bastet said:

I would try system restore. If no restore points available then try:
Right click on start & choose powershell/terminal with admin & type/copy & paste these cmds one at a time then click Enter:
SFC /SCANNOW
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup 
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Are there any devices with an exclamation mark beside them under device manager? You may check under the USB section.
If you know which drivers updated then you can see if rolling back the drivers helps. This can be done under the driver updater section.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I have no restore points available.

Trying to follow your other instructions, when I right-click on Start I don't see any option like "powershell/terminal" to choose, but I did find "Command Prompt (Admin)" which I'm guessing you may have meant, so I used that. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. The other two processes reported finishing successfully.

Then I rebooted. The problem I reported still remains, but I believe the processes you recommended did some good.

I didn't notice any devices with an exclamation mark beside them under device manager. What is the "USB section"? 

if nothing else you can do a "clean" reinstall of windows, whichever version you are using.

my guess would be that you used ccleaner to update some drivers on your computer and that that is what caused the problem.

i believe that ccleaner has an option for rolling back driver-updates. i think that you also could try rolling back driver-updates from within windows "device manager."

but, again, doing a clean reinstall of windows is a quick and easy fix.

9 hours ago, embram said:

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I have no restore points available.

Trying to follow your other instructions, when I right-click on Start I don't see any option like "powershell/terminal" to choose, but I did find "Command Prompt (Admin)" which I'm guessing you may have meant, so I used that. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. The other two processes reported finishing successfully.

Then I rebooted. The problem I reported still remains, but I believe the processes you recommended did some good.

I didn't notice any devices with an exclamation mark beside them under device manager. What is the "USB section"? 

Powershell is Windows 10 while 11 has Terminal rather than command prompt. Cmd prompt works as well.
If you scroll down the entries within device manager there may be a USB host controller/USB devices entry.
Which Windows version are you using? If 10 or 11 then you can try an in-place repair to fix corrupt Windows. This will keep all apps, files & programs & works the same as a feature update. You’ll have to check for Windows updates afterwards.
Download the media creation tool, run this & choose install, go through the options & ensure keep apps & files/keep everything is selected automatically, if not then do not continue. If all is OK then allow the install to complete.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.