Help! After driver update windows wont boot

Yvi

After doing the driver update (3 drivers) with Cleaner and reboot, the pc keeps stick at Windows lading screen (Windows 10) 

Ive tried everything i know, commando prompt, win recovery, nothing works. I can boot in safe mode though however the programs do not work (dont open). 

I think its a bad thing that a programma can Just kill a pc that easily. Now stuck at work have been trying al night but nothing works. Very frustrating.

Hopefully some one has the solution. 

While in safe mode can you access CCleaner or is this one of the programs which won’t open?
Can you open device manager? If yes then try rolling back those drivers or if this doesn’t fix the problem installing an older driver.
Right click device.
Choose update driver.
Choose ‘browse my computer for drivers’.
Choose ‘let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer’.
Choose the compatible hardware from the list, then choose next.
Choose one of the older drivers from the list shown, then click next.
This will then reinstall the driver.

Should this not work then you may have to use safe mode with networking & download those drivers from the PC manufacturer’s website.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

@Bastet, Hi!

I think OP should consider an in-place upgrade re-install, with all of her settings and programs saved, so no re-installs will be necessary. The system files and the drivers will revert to the standard ones MS used in the install.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/repair-install-windows-11-with-an-in-place-upgrade.418/

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

@Wisewiz Hi. Unless they can boot their pc then an in-place repair cannot be done as this needs to be done with Windows running. It cannot be done within safe mode.
If they cannot boot the pc then a custom install is required. This will keep files but not programs/apps.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

Gotcha. Wasn't thinking carefully. Thanks for the correction.

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

Thank you guys. At first Windows could be booted in safe mode. However was not respinding to clicks. After trying some stuff in  commando prompt the user accounts were not accesable anymore. Ive manage to make a personal file backup disk with hp recovery manager. Now i believe the only way is a clean win install. Unfortunately. Since all of the programs and settings Will be gone. Only the blue Windows repair area is available with commando prompt eg but systems restores etc Wont work. All errors. 

16 hours ago, Wisewiz said:

Gotcha. Wasn't thinking carefully. Thanks for the correction.

You’re welcome. 

Virginia/Bastet.

1 hour ago, Yvi said:

Thank you guys. At first Windows could be booted in safe mode. However was not respinding to clicks. After trying some stuff in  commando prompt the user accounts were not accesable anymore. Ive manage to make a personal file backup disk with hp recovery manager. Now i believe the only way is a clean win install. Unfortunately. Since all of the programs and settings Will be gone. Only the blue Windows repair area is available with commando prompt eg but systems restores etc Wont work. All errors. 

You could try the custom install which will keep personal files (in a windows.old folder). But a clean install is always best in the end.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/120352-custom-install-windows-10-a.html

Virginia/Bastet.

• 4 months later...

Yvi, I wish I had read your message before buying Pro in August 2023.  I at the very least would have created a Windows 10 Restore Point, as I foolishly assumed the CCleaner Pro had a go back feature.  Driver updater has destroyed my computer, for all practical purposes.  Half the time on boot, I get a blue screen ("Please wait while we gather information to ignore.")  Otherwise, BSOD's are unpredictable at any time.  Especially if I happen to leave the computer on overnight.  It's November now, but after several Windows 10 updates (my PC is not W11 compatible), it's still totally unreliable.  What's more, I have auto renew turned on, although I don't remember opting for that, and I can't find a place to turn it off, so next August I'll have to contest a charge on my credit card.  I've used CCleaner free version off and on for years.  Pro is a huge disappointment.  Yvi, I wish you the best, but I think you're worse off than I am.  I would get a USB external hard drive holder and copy all my data to another computer, then start over with a new Windows install.  Be sure you have all your user names, program installation keys, etc.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Bowserb46 said:

then start over with a new Windows install.

Sometimes just installing Windows over Windows will fix a ton of stuff, plus the settings and programs will remain.

I don't particularly know about "borked" drivers being installed as has happened here though (I've only ran into that once with Intel iGPU drivers that corrupted a ton of stuff), so uninstalling those first may or may not help.

Hello everyone, i just read her post and it saved me from buying the Pro version although the price is very seducing..I might not do the update of a driver as its such a RISKY thing..Tho i'm having a problem with sound device..Thought it might help, but reading such feedbacks made me reconsider buying it.. but what about other features of Pro version? Like the Health Check and Software updater..Are they also RISKY? I have another such app for it..