new spyware guide

rridgely

• Moderators

I just posted the new spyware removal guide. I think this will be a great change. :)

Not only will it reduce the time that it takes for the user to do all the precleaning but the new logs that are requested will help the hjt helpers solve the problems a lot easier and quicker as well.

A big thanks goes out to AndyManchesta as he helped me by proof reading it and gave me some suggestions on what should and should not be included.:D

I was going to do a .pdf version with pictures but I think that the current format is even easier to use then that. For those that want a downloadable version I plan to post one in .html format as soon as possible.(it will be attached at the bottom of the topic.)

Also I'm going to write up a better spyware free guide that will be renamed "Post Clean Up Guide" and that will include steps to prevent infections in the future. That might take me a while but I hope to have it done relatively soon.(2 weeks tops) I would then put that one in .html as well and then maybe zip them together and attach them in the threads.

Let me know what you think. :D

(I did make a last minute change in the online scanner. I originally was going to use trendmicro but changed it to bitdefender. This may or may not change in the future.)

• Moderators

Alright I just wanted to say that I went ahead and added in the .html version. I was going to do it by hand but when I started doing it I remembered that I hated doing it by hand. Then I decided to use my brain and pasted it into NVU. :P

So it took all of about 3 seconds.