No internet after running CCleaner

DanielP

I am using Windows 7.  I ran Ccleaner to remove temporary files.  After that, my internet disconnected.  It shows all available wi-fi connections but it won't access the internet "Not connected - Connections are available" and a little orange star appears in front of the signal strength bars.  I have tried everything that I found on the internet to solve this.  I really need help.

2 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

Did you make a backup of the registry clean items when CCleaner offered you the chance to do it?

Yes, I made a backup of the registry before doing the cleaning, but I tried to reinstate it and that din't work either.  Correct me if I'm wrong but to reinstate the registry it's just a double click on the file and giving the subsequent approvals, correct?

• Moderators

Have you actually tried opening a webpage in a browser?

Sometimes Win7 will show that orange star in error even when it does have a connection.

Also try manually disconnecting/reconnecting to your wifi.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043