SRWare Iron 'Clear browsing history' issue

logon

My 1st post here: hi all of you!

I don't know if it's a bug, but trying Professional Edition 5.88.9346 under Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit running SRWare Iron browser 96.0.4900.0 (latest version) then the history file "%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\History" is not deleted nor does it appear in the list of files to be deleted (please look at the attached screenshot).

However please note that the profile path is correctly recognized without any customization.

Cheers

P. S.: JFYI I haven't a Google Account (then no Sync issue here) and "Continue running background apps when Iron is closed" is just unchecked.

sshot.png

Edited by logon
Adding more informations

• Moderators

This is DaveCCleaners reply about this issue and the fix from the thread that Andavari Linked to:

Further down that thread he says that it's expected that the new CCleaner version (v5.89) will be released next week.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

8 hours ago, Andavari said:

Since it's a browser based upon the Chromium/Chrome code it's going to have the same issues detailed in another topic. Piriform "will probably have it being properly cleaned within the next version of CCleaner."

8 hours ago, nukecad said:

This is DaveCCleaners reply about this issue and the fix from the thread that Andavari Linked to:

Further down that thread he says that it's expected that the new CCleaner version (v5.89) will be released next week.

Thanks to both of you for your appreciated replies!

I know SRWare Iron is a Chromium-based browser so it seems to me strange enough that - as said - its profile path is correctly recognized with no user's customization at all and that both Cookies content is properly cleared and History file is not in the related list of Internet History at all even if both the files (Cookies and History) are just in the same directory (that as said is properly recognized).

Maybe I'm just wrong, but it seems to me a different issue than those already reported.

Cheers

sshot2.png

Edited by logon
Adding screenshot

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @logon Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to replicate the issue and I've reported it to our product team so they can investigate further.

I'll follow-up with you again as soon as I have further insight on this.

1 hour ago, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @logon Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to replicate the issue and I've reported it to our product team so they can investigate further.

You are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2022 at 14:52, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @MeganCCleaner,

JFYI

Updating SRWare Iron to version 97.0.4950.0 (Official Build) (64-bit) then "Cookies" file path does result changed from "%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default" to "%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Network" while "History" file path remains the same "%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default".

After that change version 5.88.9346 no longer works here even for "Cookies" file.

5.89.9401 does work for "Cookies" file only just as the previous one.

So there is still the need for the user to manually add an Include entry for the "%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\History" file.

Edited by logon