More Electric Sports Cars Coming

Mike Rochip

During a summer when a popular documentary asks, "Who Killed the Electric Car?," the electric car seems to be contrarily alive and well and going like a bat out of hell. What's with all the speedy electrics?

"There's a big market for green," says Chris Paine, EV advocate and director of "Who Killed the Electric Car," "but not as big as the market for something more primal. Speed and power have always sold cars."

Article

And I learned that "yare" means agile and lively, lol.

Yeah, I read something about a car built on laptop batteries. Very fast, good acceleration, very silent.

Hope more car companies start looking into electric cars...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

There's an electric "sportscar" being built in California U.S.A. which I had seen on t.v. once maybe last year. The problem with the electric cars of today is they're so expensive compared to a regular car but then again they aren't produced by big name manufacturers that can build 250,000 units a year. Another thing some people may not realize too is when charging electric cars the energy that charges it isn't green friendly, everything has a drawback.

• Moderators

Great.....guess they didn't see the pics of that Dell laptop exploding. :blink:

I guess we are both thinking along the same lines about that then, I was wondering how much of a boom an electric car would make if several of it's batteries all of a sudden wanted to explode.

Actually in my case an electric car would do just fine (well maybe not in Iowa's below freezing winters, anyone got a one ton battery warmer) because I don't leave the city often, and thus wouldn't need very long distance capabilities.