Duplicated items in the Windows and Applications cleaning list:

Mcd73165

Hi. I noticed on this latest version (5.82.8950) that sometimes when Ccleaner is opened it shows duplicated items in Windows and Applications cleaning list. I read that this occurred in an earlier version some time ago. I don't recall seeing this before although it's possible that I overlooked it. I've been using Ccleaner for many, many years and still think it's a great cleaning tool. This issue does not affect the functionality, only an appearance issue (which is intermittent).

• Moderators

It's an intermittent bug that has been going on in every version for a while now.

Sometimes each the items is listed in two's, sometimes the whole category is repeated one under the other.

Being intermittent, and displaying two different behaviours, it seems to be proving difficult to track down what causes it.
Plus as you say it doesn't affect functionality so it's probably not a high priority to fix.

We've just got used to ignoring it when it happens.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Rostia CCleaner said:

Hi @Mcd73165, could you please try to run CCleaner in debug mode and send me the log? I suppose you don't experience this issue very often, so there's not a big chance of it happening in the debug run (would be great if it did though), but please send me the log anyway.

Stephen CCleaner was made aware of this awhile ago, see here:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/60017-share-your-ideas-for-ccleaner-60/?do=findComment&comment=327573

• Developer
On 22/06/2021 at 01:41, Mcd73165 said:

@Rostia:

I attached the debug file. Ccleaner has been opening normally including this time in debug mode. I only noticed the problem 1 time after I updated it last. Hope this info is helpful but doubt it.

Mark

Thank you, I checked the log and it is actually helpful. Would you mind running it in debug and post the log again? There is some oddity in the log you posted and I'd like to see how much deterministic it tends to be.

On 22/06/2021 at 05:33, Andavari said:

Yes, I know this issue has been around for some time.