CCleaner Pro closes during clean-up

tmacgordon

I've been using CCleaner Pro for years and have never, ever had an issue. This morning, on two different systems, CCleaner unceremoniously closes down mid-way through the "make it better" cycle of the automated health check. It hangs briefly and then just shuts down. Windows 10 up-to-date on both system, and to my knowledge there have been no Windows updates since the last time clean-up ran successfully on both systems. Any ideas? Thx.

• Moderators

There were some Win Updates yesterday. Can you just have a quick check to see what build of Win 10 you have? Mine is 19041.572.

You can find out yours by clicking the Start flag bottom left once, and immediately type the word winver and click on what comes up.

(you don't need to type the word into a box it does it all automagically for yo)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
9 hours ago, tmacgordon said:

CCleaner unceremoniously closes down mid-way through the "make it better" cycle of the automated health check. It hangs briefly and then just shuts down.

That sounds like it has cleaned the junk, and is then bailing out when trying to access the Piriform servers to check  'Speed' & 'Security' which are the next 2 steps of the Health Check.

There does seem to have been a problem with the servers earlier today which has now been fixed, try Health Check again and post back if it is still not working properly for you.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm replying to this topic because I have the same issue. I bought Ccleaner pro on October 15 and it closes a quarter of the way through the patching up without any notification or error message. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it but there's no change. My version of Windows 10 is 1909 (18363.1139). Thanks for your help.

• Moderators

Again that's probably an issue reaching the servers, which Health Check needs to do.

It could be due to the servers themselves, or your internet connection, or your Antivirus/Firewall blocking access to the server.

To help narrow down what your problem may be being caused by try the following in order:

1. Run a clean using Custom Clean instead of Health Check.
  2. Then run Tools>Startup; don't do anything, just click on it and watch if it sticks or crashes. (That's the equivalent of Health Checks 'Speed' section).
  3. Then run Tools>Software updater, it takes a few seconds but again just watch. (That's the equivalent of Health Checks 'Security' section).

You should be able to run them one after the other.
If any of them sticks then just close CCleaner, reopen it and go to the next one.
If any closes CCleaner then just reopen it and go to the next one.

Which (if any) of the 3 does CCleaner get stuck or close on?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043