Launchy

rridgely

• Moderators

I might be the last person on the internet to try this program but anyway...

For whatever reason this program sounded like the dumbest thing in the world to me...

But then I tried it and it might be one of the most usefull programs EVER!

Launchy is a free windows utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager.

Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes!

http://www.launchy.net/#introduction

You have to try this to realize how usefull it really is. :D

• Moderators

The screen shots on the site look exactly like the program. I would post more but I dont think it would help. The download is only like 800kb.(even on your connection it wont take to long :P)

Here is a direct link to the download(hosted on sourceforge)

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/launchy...96.exe?download

nice find, launchy is indeed a very unique program, I had the same initial feeling with you, but after tried it, it's just simply handy, and the gui is very nice... but I found it occupies a bit more resource, about 10m, bigger than I expected. anyway a should-try! (if you're a typing lover:)

• Moderators

I would like it if and only if it was visible at all times. I literally found it rather annoying in a matter of seconds with it constantly disappearing and having to click 'alt+space' to make it appear again. Not for me.