CCleaner, is it safe now? [Yes. Yes it is]

clinthulk2

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but I want to clean my pc , with CCleaner. I have been aware that CCleaner got hacked lately and I want to know if it's solved and if it's safe to install CCleaner now?

Thank you!

• Moderators

As said the attack was 3 years ago and was targeted at 40 or so very large IT and software companies. (Microsoft, Google, Samsung, etc).

No home user saw any affect whatsoever on their computer or lost any information, the hackers were not interested in home users at all.

Many/most CCleaner users got the 'bad' version but it was like they were just dangling lots of fishing lines out, they were only interested in the big fish not the small fry.

It is speculated (and most likely) that it was a state sponsored attack to try and steal design/software secrets from those large companies.

Obviously the way it was done has long been closed off.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to CCleaner, is it safe now? [Yes. Yes it is]