website login pages not loading

bnabum

Newbie looking for some help with CCleaner. Since running this program I am unable to log into some accts specifically banking and hotmail (haven't tried any others). Says it cannot find server. I ran this same program on older computer that I have and it works fine. Any suggestions? I'm running IE, xp

did you have the password saved?

ccleaner wipes out stored passwords if you have that box checked.

if you made a shortcut to a page that you have to be logged in to access, then you need to go to their home page and log back in and if you want, have windows remember the password.

No passwords were saved. The shortcut in my favorites are to the home pages of the websites. I can go to the log in page and enter my name & password...from there i get "this page cannot be displayed". I have checked my internet settings and they are fine. I have even changed them back to the default settings and still cannot access these pages. I restored my puter to an earlier date and downloaded CClean again but same problem. Also tried re-booting after downloading to no avail. Any other suggestions?

did you have the password saved?

ccleaner wipes out stored passwords if you have that box checked.

if you made a shortcut to a page that you have to be logged in to access, then you need to go to their home page and log back in and if you want, have windows remember the password.

Thank you so much for your help. I've had to restore my computer back to July 1. It took forever (at least 1/2 hr)! but it worked. I must say when I did use CCleaner, my system was so much faster....I loved it! Unfortunately the glitch it creates is one that I cannot live with.

Newbie looking for some help with CCleaner. Since running this program I am unable to log into some accts specifically banking and hotmail (haven't tried any others). Says it cannot find server. I ran this same program on older computer that I have and it works fine. Any suggestions? I'm running IE, xp

Did you try running CCleaner at least two or three times with your browsers closed?

create a system restore so it wont take as long to go back, and try what tarun said. close the browsers and run ccleaner 2 or 3 times. if it does screw up, it wont take that long to go back because their werent that many changes made.

Well, you should be able to run CCleaner and still log on anywhere that you want to.

1. What version of CCleaner are you using?

2. Are you using XP Home or Professional? Do you have SP2?

3. What type of internet connection to you have? Dial-up, cable, etc...? Are you wired, or wireless?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

It also wouldn't hurt to reboot the computer.

Also run the disk error checker on Windows XP via a command prompt or Start->Run which is:

chkdsk /f c:

On Windows 9x it would be Scandisk.

The version I ran was the lastest download. I currently have XP Home Edition, SP2, cable, wired. I didn't run CCleaner 2 or 3 times ... perhaps I should have. I'll create a restore point as of yesterday and try again. I'll also try the chkdsk. I'll let u know what happens tonight!