Internet Expolrer Issue

I recently (Yesterday) downloaded the latest CC version and proceed to clean my pc as usual however after cleaning this time I noticed that IE would not open any new windows.

Every time I try to open a new window it simply changes the existing window to the new URL instead of opening a new window - how annoying.

Also, I can?t open an ftp connection into internet explorer that I had previously, it now wants me to open the ftp connection using a file transfer software that I have installed and have never used. - Doubly annoying!

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I can get internet explorer working again?

Thanks.

Armando.

... Every time I try to open a new window ...
Are you using Right click > Open in New Window or Left clicking the link? If the latter, check Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Browsing > Reuse windows for launching shortcuts.

Are you using Right click > Open in New Window or Left clicking the link? If the latter, check Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Browsing > Reuse windows for launching shortcuts.

Thanks - I resoved the issue yesterday by talking my xp back to a prevous restore point prior to me using CC.

I wont be using it again. - Shame.

• Moderators

Rebooting can do wonders when application(s) don't seem to be funtioning correctly which could stem from a failed to load .dll file or a memory related problem.

It also doesn't hurt to run the disk error checker:

ChkDsk /f C:

Thanks - I resoved the issue yesterday by talking my xp back to a prevous restore point prior to me using CC.

I wont be using it again. - Shame.

Some millions of people are using Internet Explorer,

and never heard about such kind of issue before.

So take care about your installed software and your shame, my friend :blink:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• 5 months later...