RE: Cleaning Internet Logs

etiennehu

Thanks Andavari and Aaron,

Just to clarify - in my Internet logs folder I have stuff I don't understand, such as IAMDB.RDB, BACKUP.RDB, several .TMP files with names like xDB2371, an ErrorLog.tmp file, a few log .txt files, an .ldb file with my user name. Then there's a Zone Labs deBug log. A few of these files are fairly large - especially the Zone Labs file - so if I don't need them I'd like to clean them regularly. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Andavari and Aaron,

Just to clarify - in my Internet logs folder I have stuff I don't understand, such as IAMDB.RDB, BACKUP.RDB, several .TMP files with names like xDB2371, an ErrorLog.tmp file, a few log .txt files, an .ldb file with my user name. Then there's a Zone Labs deBug log. A few of these files are fairly large - especially the Zone Labs file - so if I don't need them I'd like to clean them regularly. Thanks again for your help.

You usually don't need the stuff that CCleaner cleans (which is why they are cleaned ;) )

However, some people like to keep them because they wish to keep their History so they can view past sites, cache so it will load faster, etc.

I don't want to keep anything that CCleaner is already cleaning - I want to clean more - I just want to make sure it's safe to clean out all the Internet Logs that I listed above. Can someone please say yes or no. Thanks.

• Moderators

The .rdb file, and the .ldb are your configuration of ZoneAlarm and shouldn't be messed with (hint you can periodically back them up so you'll never lose your configuration). The .tmp, .log, .txt files are the files CCleaner can clean.

Note:

There's an 'Internet Logs' winapp2.ini entry here that will take care of more ZoneAlarm Internet Logs folder files, it will even take care of TruVector's huge in filesize crash/dump .zip archives it creates when a critical error happens.

Thanks Andavari,

However, I think I need some help. When I try to set up Custom files for cleaning of stuff in the Internet Logs folder, I'm not able to. The only choice I seem to have is to clean the entire folder - in the Custom setup it gives me C:\Windows\Internet Logs*.* - I can't select just the .tmp, .log, and .txt files. I also can't figure out how to use the winapp2.ini Internet Logs entries. How do I get them into the Custom Files and Folders to Clean box? - mine only lets me browse. If you can tell me how to do this, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.