Disk Analyzer

Hello, 

I've used the disk analyzer with Ccleaner. It's of course showing me which types of files are taking up the most room on my drive. How do I get a look at what these files are, so that I know which ones to delete? I've ran the cleaner as Administrator and find no options as to how I can view the files. Please help. Thank you

• Moderators

Whilst it can tell you what is taking up the space it can't tell if you want it to take up that space or not.

Mine shows the files, but obviously only I know if I want them or not.

image.png

Are you seeing something different?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

to a certain extent ccleaner can tell you what the files are... but as nukecad says only you know if you can delete this or another file.

you can open the section for example "documents" on one of your disk or partitions -> you can open this section on the arrow on the left side...

-> and it shows you what kind of files there are was finding:

for example: pdf or doc or pptx

-> here can you choose the file-end (f. ex. doc)

in the box below you can see the details of this kind of files you want to see

-> here can you see files that you know (and perhaps want do delete) or if not sure -> you can with rightclick open the contextmenu -> and f. ex. "open containing folder" that you can this file see exactly to decide "delete or not"

-> or you can files that you know (one or more) tick and choose "delete selected files" in the contextmenu

-> also you can see the path of all files that ccleaner can find. all files with system-paths i would not delete.

-> but if you find files in your private selfmaded folders -> you can decide for sure if you want delete or not...

ccleaner_disk analyzer beschreiben.jpg

disk analyzer shows you different kind of files like *.doc (word-files), *.mp4 (video-files), *.pptx (powerpoint-presentations) as subcategorys of the maincategorys like "documents" or "videos" or "pictures" or...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

my own opinion?

you know where you have saved your personal files or you can also check the folders yourself.

you don't need to use Disk Analyzer.

this is also easier with Windows Explorer -> search through your created folders and then you know yourself.

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"