screenshot captures

Hello all. I am looking for a small, easy to use FREEWARE software program that will capture screenshots. Something that is maybe accessible by right clicking the mouse, or simply pressing a key on the keyboard.

maybe a firefox extension? i dont know if this exists, but hoping someone can help me.

i did google a bit, but didnt find anything specifically fitting this.

thanks all! :)

This program is awesome if you want to capture just a portion of the screen in order to highlight something: http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Been using MWsnap for a while now and works great for my needs.

Quote:

MWSnap is a small yet powerful Windows program for snapping (capturing) images from selected parts of the screen.

Current version is capable of capturing the whole desktop, a highlighted window, an active menu, a control, or a fixed or free rectangular part of the screen. MWSnap handles 5 most popular graphics formats and contains several graphical tools: a zoom, a ruler, a color picker and a window spy. It can be also used as a fast picture viewer or converter.

MWSnap does not require installation and does not need any special dlls, drivers or system files which can mess up your system.

MWsnap link

ok, here i am testing snippity.

ok, forum wont let me upload jpeg or gifs. hmmmm.

hmmm

ok, thumbnail is done by faststone. so far its leading in the simple to use catagory. but i cant find a way to circle things like in snippy. hmmmm.

thanks to hazelnut for the pms. :)

ok, figured it out in faststone. faststone it is!

thanks for the different software to browse from guys!

Interesting that you should mention Firefox extensions - the new update of Nightly Tester Tools (1.1) takes screen shots, it even has an option to submit direct to ImageShack. It was originally an extension to make themes and extensions work with nightly test builds, but many other features have been added that even those not running nightlies might find useful. Check it out: http://users.blueprintit.co.uk/~dave/web/f...htly/index.html

Interesting that you should mention Firefox extensions - the new update of Nightly Tester Tools (1.1) takes screen shots, it even has an option to submit direct to ImageShack. It was originally an extension to make themes and extensions work with nightly test builds, but many other features have been added that even those not running nightlies might find useful. Check it out: http://users.blueprintit.co.uk/~dave/web/f...htly/index.html

it looks pretty cool, but it isnt compatible with the newest version of firefox. :(