Increasing C Drive

KatheD

I am looking for a product to increase my C drive - taking away from my D drive.  I have found many but not sure what wont harm my computer.  I trust CCleaner - been using it since the start.  So figured I would ask here for advice

thanks

Kathe

i would do that only with a new set up of the whole system - new os-install

because of the contiguous partition sections of the hard drive and the associated access times

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

You can do it manually using the disk management tools built into Windows.

But it's a bit of work and entails deleting D (or another partition) to create some free space, then expanding C into part of that free space, then re-creating a smaller D.
Here's a guide to doing it (from a company that has it's own repartitioning tool):
https://www.disk-partition.com/tutorials/allocate-free-space.htm

I've never used one of the advertised tools, the few times I've wanted to repartition a drive I've used the built in Windows tools.
I have seen decent reviews about the one in the above link but have never used it, there is a free or a paid for version - your best bet is to read the reviews of a few of them yourself, particularly on technical sites and computer magazine websites.

Whatever you do then if you are going to attempt this you should make a clone/mirror image of your drive before starting. (using Macrium Reflect or similar).
That way if it goes wrong then you have the clone/mirror as a backup.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Why not just move some of your data folders to the D drive? That would be the same as 'taking away' space from the D drive, and exceedingly easy.