Arovax Shield

Canary

I've just installed Arovax Shield.

But it regularly pops up with a "Monitoring Engine Security Alert" telling me that there has been an attempt to modify a protected object.

It is hard to know each time what it is referring to. Do I just let it get on with it and hit "Permit"?

I'm currently working on it and trying to figure out what's your problem. I believe it's only due to the news tab in Shield but I've asked confirmation to the author :D

Ok, I completely misunderstood the problem: I thought that a firewall you had notified you about Arovax Shield trying to access internet zone.

So back to the point:

The purpose of Arovax Shield is to monitor if something unknown is trying to modify some setting of your Windows XP. Of course it doesn't recognize if this behaviour is what you want or some spyware so it asks you if you wanna allow it or deny.

Arovax team is going to create a database with descriptions of all the items it is notifying about, but as for now the best choice is to use google to find out what each item realy is all about.

Don't hesitate to post here or, better, come to arovax forum :)Arovax forum

• Moderators

This is one of the reasons I like Defender so much more than this. It has similar functionality where it will alert you if something is trying to add itself to your start up, but it gives a much better description and since it has a spyware database behind it, it will tell you if whats being added is known malware.

Once arovax antispyware becomes more developed and updates its deffinitions regularly maybe it will integrate or combine with arovax shield for similar functionality.

• Moderators

Good points rridgely. I must say though Arovax Shield kept giving an error message in it's log about my HOSTS file which was because I had forgotten to input the 127.0.0.1 in front of the new entries I added, without Arovax Shield I probably would have never known about the error with there being over 54,500 blocked sites in my HOSTS file.

I've tried registering on the Arovax forums and also submitting a ticket to the helpdesk, but they won't reply. I was told I would receive an e-mailed link to complete my registration but it never arrived.

And yes - I did enter the correct e-mail address!

I've tried registering on the Arovax forums and also submitting a ticket to the helpdesk, but they won't reply. I was told I would receive an e-mailed link to complete my registration but it never arrived.

Canary, that's really strange because I'm a regular poster (and betatester) at the forum and didn't have any problem to register. Did you check into your junk files?Can you try to register again? we really want you on board ;)

I've just tried logging in and it worked fine, even though I never received or clicked on a confirmation e-mail link. So at least I'm in!

Never had a reply to my helpdesk ticket. I'll post my problem in the forum now, though.

I'm still having problems, though.

I'm logged in to the board, but I can't get past this page: http://forum.arovaxcompany.com/index.php?act=idx

Also, when I try to log out of the site, I get an error message saying: "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the Arovax site?

• Moderators

Also, when I try to log out of the site, I get an error message saying: "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

That's a known problem as viewable in this thread I reported almost three months ago, and in this thread which has received some more posts about it.

To logout do this:

Go back to the main Arovax Forum page, scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Delete cookies set by this board"

Edit:

Just noticed they've release yet another version today v1.3.15, download it here. I wonder if they're having some problems because it seems like a new version is being released almost every day.

That's a known problem as viewable in this thread I reported almost three months ago, and in this thread which has received some more posts about it.

To logout do this:

Go back to the main Arovax Forum page, scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Delete cookies set by this board"

Edit:

Just noticed they've release yet another version today v1.3.15, download it here. I wonder if they're having some problems because it seems like a new version is being released almost every day.

The new version 1.3.15 is just to address some comments I made concerning the fact that the installer placed icons everywhere (desktop, quicklaunch,....) and didn't let the user to decide it.

Previous version 1.3.10 address a long time bug having the program that didn't remember a previous choice.

I wonder if they're having some problems because it seems like a new version is being released almost every day.

Heh, not likely. Us members of Arovax had to wait awhile till Infomation about release notes. Back in Dec. Arovax I guess had a break and it seemed we all took a break from that time. Now as of Today Arovax and the members who had long been with the company which that is me and some other, are greatful of the releases and fixes B)

Arovax Anti-Spyware does though need updating and I believe a new release will be released by the time of July or... the end of June <_<

Memebers of the Ccleaner, consider trying out our products: SmartHide, Arovax Anti-Spyware and Arovax Shield. *I'm not telling you to try out nor... am I making you. I'm just saying some should and give us feed back on the Forums

Links: Arovax Anti-Spyware beta 1.0.647 , Arovax Shield 1.3.15

Arovax SmartHide 1.0.226 - Note that only a few members are testing this, Me included. Release of this program is TBA later.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

The new version 1.3.15 is just to address some comments I made concerning the fact that the installer placed icons everywhere (desktop, quicklaunch,....) and didn't let the user to decide it.

Yeah that bugged me for some time that it would place icons all over which seemed redundant since it auto-started with Windows anyway. I'm just glad Arovax Shield is free, especially when I have no choice but to use Internet Explorer when I site doesn't load properly with Opera or Firefox.

Andavari,

I tried what you suggested, but I couldn't find the cookies link on the forum page. I kept being returned to a message that said I did not have permission to use the feature.

Meanwhile, I'm still getting the annoying "Unable to find Firefox" message every time I log in.

I'm going to uninstall Arovax Shield because it's causing more problems than it's solving. I might try it again one day.

I know for me that quite often my email will filter those confirmations into my Junk folder. I would look there, and see if it did arrive.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I tried what you suggested, but I couldn't find the cookies link on the forum page.

They're valid links I provided. The only thing I can think of is if you have some security software, proxy software/server, or browser settings inadvertently blocking the Arovax Forums.

I provided a Direct link to the forums and the lastest Versions of our programs.

Note: There is a bug in the default developed skin on the forums. Please... use the Defualt standard one by going down to the bottom and choosing IPB 2.1 *Default*

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• 2 weeks later...

This is driving me absolutely mad. Not much gets me angry, but I'm tearing my hair our here . . .

I've just returned to the Arovax forums.

I went to the list of forum threads, but to search the threads I had to log in. So far, so good.

But once I logged in, I couldn't do anything. I can't search the forums or even get access to view any forums.

And if I click on the links Andavari supplied, I get messages such as "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available", or "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken".

I can't log OUT of the forums, and I can't find the "Delete cookies set by this board" link.

Otherwise, it's going swimmingly . . . :angry: