Spyware Doctor v.3.8

xonk

Maybe I have come to the wrong forum but no harm in trying. Regarding the Topic, I am experiencing a rather unusual problem which after several attempts unable to solve. This program is a product from PC Tools and after several attempts no answers to solve problem has been forthcoming.

When I download the program and instal, all is OK up the point when the installation takes place. T/after it goes into the German Language. Upon completion I have to click on an icon to change the language. Fair enough but at a later stage when I do updates, there are updates for several files in different languages. I unclick these files but this reoccurs on each occasion I try to do an update.

The question is, can anyone suggest how I might be able to correct this problem (which it is) as far as I am concerned. It would appear to be a technical problem which is most annoying.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

doesnt this program gives lots of false positives to make you buy or am i thinking of something else. if so unless u have paided for it u can live without it.

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

doesnt this program gives lots of false positives to make you buy or am i thinking of something else. if so unless u have paided for it u can live without it.

Yep. Spyware Doctor isn't a good idea in my opinion. :P

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I,m sorry I know i,m knew but I,ve tried everything out there & Spyware docter is the best in My opinion,,,I bought My disk,,,But when the updates come up it only takes 1 second to uncheck the language options you dont want,,,Then your good to go,,,It takes Me about 3 minutes to update every 2 days,,,& I,m on dial up,,,,Ive tried all of the free stuff & several purchased software,,,the only thing is if You happen to have Norton or some other products,,,They really interfere with the doc,,,I have it set up as My main & only defence,,,& It either stops everyting Or can sure get rid of it,,,,Plus it warns You if your trying to go to a dangerous website,,,,& stops ALL tracking cookies,,,It,s your choice but I would Sure keep it,,,,I hope i,m not out of line,,,I just dont have to many chances to help someone,,,,Cowboy

I,m sorry Oli ...I dont understand,,about the commas,is that bad,,& Glenn ,I mean other than the firewall I have several other software I bought,But I only have Spy Doc running on start up,,,Once again I maybe shouldn,t have posted but its been better than a lot of other stuff I,ve had,I have help cleaning My puter & now its clean,,But since I,m on dial up alot of the online scanners seemed to cause Me more problems then help,,,Once again,,If I,m doing something wrong by posting,,tell Me & I will refrain,,,I need some help getting rid of some registry entrys But If this isn,t the place ,,Thats Ok ,,Thanks to everyone thats replyed,,,Sincerely Cowboy,,

xonk and cowboy357, I have a SD license from work until 2009 so I figure I might as well keep it up to date. It is very thorough, although I do keep it turned off since I use Spy Sweeper as my spyware monitor. I also have Windows Defender which I keep off too. I update SP and WD regularly and once every couple weeks allow them to run a scan. The one thing I don't like about SD is the fact that you only receive notifications of updates but it won't update automatically like numerous anti-malware programs do, however, it does have good features and is a good monitor. As to your question xonk, I even removed all of the language files except English but it didn't work. The next update it had like "x" mbs of files instead of a few kbs of language files anyway, so just live with it.

someones going to ask about the comma's, so brace yourself.

Hi, cowboy. Don't worry too much. If you like 'em, you use 'em,,,, :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

someones going to ask about the comma's, so brace yourself.

Someone's requires an apostrophe, commas does not. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Spyware Doctor may appear to be a good program becouse it lists lots of objects that it finds when a scan is done but they are mostly false positives. Spyware Doctor always had issues with that.

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

Spyware Doctor may appear to be a good program becouse it lists lots of objects that it finds when a scan is done but they are mostly false positives. Spyware Doctor always had issues with that.

Exactly. It is well known that Spware Doctor gives lots of false positives and IS A SCAM. Everyone knows this.

Cowboy & Xonk...take our advise. Ditch it, and get real protection. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I,m sorry but I have to disagree,,,It might have USED to be that way,,,& like most others You get free it may still be,,but i bought mine,& since I got rid of norton and all that other free stuff that REALLY does what You say,,I have no problems & it hasn,t found anything,,,It keeps Me from going to any dangerous sites, & stops ALL tracking cookies before they have a chance to get into the system,,I have 8 other Boughten products the the Spyware docter 3.8 STOREBOUGHT, not free version,,Is all I run other than My firewall,,For My main protection, if i,m not mistaken its still listed in the top 3 softwares if not #1,,,& no I have nothing to do with them,,And aint pushing the product,,its just My opinion, All I,m saying is give it a chance, I,ve done a lot of reasearch being a newbie to this, & the #1 problem is norton & symantic products, when I had it The only time it found anything was when I was offline & running some of My other scans, talk about false positives,,Once again, I,m not trying to step on anyones toes, And I appreciate all of You help, just expressing My opinion,,after 8 months & alot of help , I have a completely clean computer, And most of the stuff I hadto fix was from freeware & online scanners, Just My 2 cents, & this is a great site, And cc cleaner is an excellant product, I run it everytime I get offline, Thanks for letting Me express My opinion,,,& I,ll eat My words if I get infected again & have to ask for help,,hehe,,,Sincerely Cowboy

Thanks for letting Me express My opinion,,,& I,ll eat My words if I get infected again & have to ask for help,,hehe,,,Sincerely Cowboy

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you are correct that once you buy the product the false-positives do go down. But it still is a shady company that tricks people into buying their product. This is FACT...not OPINION.

And! You probably are infected if all that you are using is a firewall and SD, but you just don't know it. ;)

OK fair enough,,I,ll post a hjt log just for the heck of it & You tell Me,,, I may be wrong,,,& sure as heck aint as smart as everybody else on this board, But I do appreaciate the help, & Really enjoy the site, Thanks again Cowboy

OK fair enough,,I,ll post a hjt log just for the heck of it & You tell Me,,, I may be wrong,,,& sure as heck aint as smart as everybody else on this board, But I do appreaciate the help, & Really enjoy the site, Thanks again Cowboy

And we enjoy new people. ;)

OK I give, But I didn,t see as much negative responses as most freeware,,I guess My point was only I bought it & it,s worked great, Ive got alot of the free stuff and had nothing but problems that Your talking about,,,I guess I shouldn,t have repled to this thread cuz I really dont know what I,m doing,, so Please dont be mad or Bar Me from the site,,, as I told Andy in the hjt thread I,ve got a pirated version of windows & Will really need help getting it legal when I can afford it,,,also what should I be running,,Because it works for Me???? I also have adware away,,,Which has fantastic tech support , (They mainly deal with the about blank problems), fixit6 utilities, AD-AWARE PLUS , 2 look2me fixes, atf cleaner, & last but not least cc cleaner,,Ive tried most all others, & nothing worked, I had spybot several different times & it never would remove anything if it did find it ,,,But I,ll drop this,,any help appreaciated,,,,Thanks Cowboy

Please feel free to speak your mind. I always love a good debate. :D

get a good antivirus like avg or e trust antivirus, a good firewall which you have and make sure that you use that you use firefox. then get spyware blaster and spybot search and destroy which can basically immunise your computer. i dont know about anyone else but i dont get anything on my computer with this and you only need to have the antivirus running. if you have a hardware firewall anyway.

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am