Seamonkey and CCleaner?

axelrose

seamonkey is not listed as one of the things that is cleaned with the current version. Will there ever be a version that would work to clean seamonkey entries?

I only ask because unless ccleaner does clean seamonkey I will just have to revert back to Mozilla which is fine but it has some things that tee me off at times.

Please someone let me, and others I suspect, know what the deal is??????

As far as I know, Seamonkey is not currently supported by CCleaner. There has been a short discussion about Seamonkey earlier this year, but it turned out that nobody is actually using it (nobody who was taking part in that discussion, that is).

You can do two things:

1. add a request to the Suggestions topic on top of this forum;
  2. submit your own entry for Seamonkey cleaning into the Winapp2 topic in this forum;

• Moderators

I think if you want support for it right away without waiting any longer you're gonna have to make your own winapp2.ini entry for it which in reality isn't that difficult if you look at the winapp2.ini entries already posted on the forums to get a general ideal of how to make your own.

• Moderators

I had no ideal that SeaMonkey was the new project name which replaced my old beloved Mozilla Suite which became a crash whore and refused to run. I'm downloading it now, and from what I find I "may" make a winapp2.ini entry for it.

• Moderators

CCleaner already detects the following in SeaMonkey:

Internet History = history.dat

This will only clean the SeaMonkey Cache for the default profile (edit it if you wish to clean a profile name you've created), and it will be listed under Firefox/Mozilla (only tested on Windows XP):

[Mozilla SeaMonkey Cache]LangSecRef=3026Detect=HKCU\Software\mozilla.org\SeaMonkeyDefault=FalseFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Cache|*.*

This will only clean the SeaMonkey Cookies for the default profile (edit it if you wish to clean a profile name you've created), and it will be listed under Firefox/Mozilla (only tested on Windows XP):

Note: In order to clean SeaMonkey cookies you will have to manually input the random folder named created by the installer which the cookies.txt file is located in, this folder is named ?????.slt in the example below. This is an entry that you must complete yourself:

[Mozilla SeaMonkey Cookies]LangSecRef=3026Detect=HKCU\Software\mozilla.org\SeaMonkeyDefault=FalseFileKey1=%appdata%\Mozilla\Profiles\default\?????.slt|cookies.txt

That's all! You'll now have to wait for official cleaning support to be added by the CCleaner developer Mr.G, because it's gonna take some of the built-in detection/routine he uses to figure out random profile names, and to be able to find them without using a specific path!

I had forgotten how ancient the original Mozilla Suite looked when compared to Firefox, what a shocking reminder, and SeaMonkey looks just the same. I only wish they'd make Composer a separate application because I've always liked it, other than that SeaMonkey is off my computer forever.

Thanks for getting this seamonkey thing going. Hopefully, like under one month, people more and more will start using seamonkey and want it added to ccleaners' list.

thanks again B)

CCleaner already detects the following in SeaMonkey:

Internet History = history.dat

This will only clean the SeaMonkey Cache for the default profile (edit it if you wish to clean a profile name you've created), and it will be listed under Firefox/Mozilla (only tested on Windows XP):

[Mozilla SeaMonkey Cache]LangSecRef=3026Detect=HKCU\Software\mozilla.org\SeaMonkeyDefault=FalseFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\Cache|*.*

This will only clean the SeaMonkey Cookies for the default profile (edit it if you wish to clean a profile name you've created), and it will be listed under Firefox/Mozilla (only tested on Windows XP):

Note: In order to clean SeaMonkey cookies you will have to manually input the random folder named created by the installer which the cookies.txt file is located in, this folder is named ?????.slt in the example below. This is an entry that you must complete yourself:

[Mozilla SeaMonkey Cookies]LangSecRef=3026Detect=HKCU\Software\mozilla.org\SeaMonkeyDefault=FalseFileKey1=%appdata%\Mozilla\Profiles\default\?????.slt|cookies.txt

That's all! You'll now have to wait for official cleaning support to be added by the CCleaner developer Mr.G, because it's gonna take some of the built-in detection/routine he uses to figure out random profile names, and to be able to find them without using a specific path!

I had forgotten how ancient the original Mozilla Suite looked when compared to Firefox, what a shocking reminder, and SeaMonkey looks just the same. I only wish they'd make Composer a separate application because I've always liked it, other than that SeaMonkey is off my computer forever.

• Moderators

Thanks for getting this seamonkey thing going. Hopefully, like under one month, people more and more will start using seamonkey and want it added to ccleaners' list.

Yeah, perhaps (just speculating here) some or many people were in the same boat as me and had heard the name SeaMonkey before however didn't know it was the continuation of Mozilla Suite.

Mozilla is still actually being continued, version 1.7.13 was recently released and there may be a 1.8 on the way in the future... :unsure:

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D