java installer won't start

drew

I am trying to update java and the windows installer will not work. It gets stuck at preparing to install. I think it is probably due to ccleaner but I am not sure. Any suggestions?

Hi drew and welcome :)

Does it give you an error or anything? Download DAF > Open DAF > click the Green Checkmark at the botton > Press Go > Reboot.

I'm shooting in the dark here abit because you didn't offer very much information. If the above didn't do the trick try:

DAF > Tools > Repair Permissions > Go > Reboot

Let us know if the problem persists.

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hi

I have not seen this problem. Ran CCleaner before and after doing a reinstall of JAVA from the Sun website. I wanted to remove all traces of the updates as they occupy nearly 400 megs of space and put only the latest build on-works just fine. You can get the full install package from Sun and it should run just fine - www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Good luck

Assuming that you are talking about the Java Runtime Environment (RTE), if you are trying to install 1.5.0.6 or 1.6 (beta), then I suggestion that you uninstall all previous versions (from Add/Remove Programs), as they are no longer needed with 1.5 or 1.6.

Make sure that no browser window with Java content is open during the uninstall and install.

Thanks all. I think I got it figured out. It was not giving me an error it was just trying to update and the installer would not finish the setup. I uninstalled the previous versions and installed from the link above and it seems to have worked.