Can you please remove that popup for updates?

PiriFan

You used to just show text on the bottom corner about an update.  Since this program has an update every three days, I hate that every time I open it, I cannot do anything until I close that annoying popup about an update.  I probably updated this program over 1000 times over the years and it still works the same way it has since back then.  I do not need all of those updates for programs that I never use or heard about. 

do you mean ccleaner update?

from mta #2

try this.

uninstall your current version first.
then go into the Program Files folder for CC and delete its contents
 (keep the .ini file if you have customised settings)
download the latest build from here; https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds
reboot the PC then install CC from your downloaded file.

if no luck, try the install with the PC in Safe Mode.
and try the Slim or Portable builds to see if they work.

you can rename additional the "CCUpdate.exe" -> "CCUpdate.exe_old" or so

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

It has been known to in the past to falsely state there's an update, when in fact you're just re-installing the same version again, so it's worth verifying that it's actually a new version or not.

Historically it only updates once-per-month, unless on an exceptionally rare occasion they need to release a bug-fix version in-between that time period.

Thanks but in the meantime if you can remove that popup message that wont let me do anything until I close it that would be great too.  I am not on my laptop on a daily basis and every time I use it I get a popup from CCleaner about an update every time I open the program.