Cleaning FireFox cookies

MikeLewis

I have just installed CCleaner, and so far it seems to work very well.

I have one small problem. I went to Options / Cookies, and chose to keep about 12 of my cookies and delete the rest. This worked fine for Internet Explorer. But all the cookies are still visible in Firefox.

I have Firefox listed under Applications on the Cleaner page, and I carefully ticked the relevant Cookies box. When I ran Analyze, it correctly showed me which cookies it was going to delete. When I clicked Run Cleaner, it said it had deleted them. But I can still see them in Firefox.

I have CCleaner ver. 1.27.260, Firefox 1.5.0.1 and Windows XP Home. I am the only user account.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I have just installed CCleaner, and so far it seems to work very well.

I have one small problem. I went to Options / Cookies, and chose to keep about 12 of my cookies and delete the rest. This worked fine for Internet Explorer. But all the cookies are still visible in Firefox.

I have Firefox listed under Applications on the Cleaner page, and I carefully ticked the relevant Cookies box. When I ran Analyze, it correctly showed me which cookies it was going to delete. When I clicked Run Cleaner, it said it had deleted them. But I can still see them in Firefox.

I have CCleaner ver. 1.27.260, Firefox 1.5.0.1 and Windows XP Home. I am the only user account.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I just tried a quick test and CCleaner cleared all my Firefox cookies - I double checked by checking the Cookies file in FF.

However, I have a more up-to-date version of CCleaner, ver 1.28.177. That said, there was an issue regarding the cleaning of FF Cookies, but this was meant to be addressed by the version you have:

v1.27.260 - [14th February 2006]

- Added secure file deletion.

- Added Windows HotFix Uninstaller cleaning.

- Added optional IE toolbar.

- Updated application icon.

- Fixed large file size issue.

- Fixed Firefox cookie error.

Unless you want to update your version of CCleaner, you could just add the FF Cookies file to the Custom Files / Folders option.

Other than the CCleaner version and a slightly different FF version (I have 1.5.0.2) our computers have the same set up, WXP Home, single user account. I can only suggest therefore you either upgrade CCleaner or use the Custom option to resolve the problem...

My mistake here: I overlooked the part where you said you chose to keep some cookies, and deleted the others.

I just retested by visiting a number of sites in my bookmarks, then selectively choosing to keep a number of cookies. CC deleted all the others, and I confirmed this by checking in the FF Cookies file. I then removed a few more cookies, ran CC again and again it worked fine. I then finally chose to delete all cookies and all were gone.

Obviously, as you want to keep some cookes, the custom option is probably not an option.