CCleaner allusers setup

Mercury_22

It will be VERY USEFUL if ccleaner it will install in %ALLUSERPROFILES%\Start Menu\Programs INSTEAD OF %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs ! :rolleyes:

Yes I agree, it can (and is) very frustrating when other users (mostly family members) do not routinely use ccleaner after each use!! Means the tidy minded of us have to log on as each user to perform a full clean. Come on guys - how about a Jim'll fix it on this one??!!!!! :D

• Moderators

I agree it needs to be available from the get go for all users, and this complaint/suggestion has popped up more than a few times over the last year or so.

A current workaround is to create a desktop shortcut pointing to ccleaner.exe in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

I agree it needs to be available from the get go for all users, and this complaint/suggestion has popped up more than a few times over the last year or so.

A current workaround is to create a desktop shortcut pointing to ccleaner.exe in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

Why not just tell the installer (NSIS if i'm not mistaken) to use %ALLUSERPROFILES% INSTEAD OF %USERPROFILE% for the group program shortcut? :(

If the developer used Inno Setup it would have been available for all users a long time ago because Inno Setup creates start menu shortcuts for all users by default.

If you're logged in as a Administrator, why not just make a shortcut aimed at "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO and put one in everyone's Start Menu>Programs>Startup location?

Then, without caring about tidiness, everyone who logs on should trigger a cleanup of their user profile. Or am I missing something?

Or look into logoff scripts, they might help too...

If the developer used Inno Setup it would have been available for all users a long time ago because Inno Setup creates start menu shortcuts for all users by default.

YES! Inno Setup it will allow to use switches ( ccsetup128.exe /VERYSILENT /Components= .......) to choose components we want to install ( no yahoo TB) so no more need for three different builds (Standard Build , Basic and Slim) :D;):)

If you're logged in as a Administrator, why not just make a shortcut aimed at "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO and put one in everyone's Start Menu>Programs>Startup location?

Then, without caring about tidiness, everyone who logs on should trigger a cleanup of their user profile. Or am I missing something?

Or look into logoff scripts, they might help too...

YES you miss the point of this post! :blink::wacko:<_<

What i was asking for was to change ccleaner's group program shortcut location from "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR User NAME\Start Menu\Programs\CCleaner" to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\CCleaner"

This way everybody can access the program from start menu not only from Recycle Bin's right click menu!

YES you miss the point of this post! :blink::wacko:<_<

I was kind of addressing the fact that people don't clean up after themselves.

Why give everyone access to a tool they might not use, if you can automate it? I think there are pros and cons for giving CC to everyone, for example user B could possibly remove entries from the registry in HKLM, which may have been useful for user A.

But perhaps that's just me.

(PS - please keep lines of emoticons to a minimum :) )

Why give everyone access to a tool they might not use, if you can automate it? I think there are pros and cons for giving CC to everyone, for example user B could possibly remove entries from the registry in HKLM, which may have been useful for user A.

1. All users already have access to ccleaner from Recycle Bin's right click menu! :rolleyes:

2. CCleaner can "remove entries from the registry in HKLM" only for "IIS Log Files" - HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\w3svc and "Old Prefetch data" - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OptimalLayout) (Look into winapp.ini&winsys.ini I found only HKCU except those two) B)

• Moderators

The problem I run into using CC's 'Issues' scanner on a non-admin account is that it thinks some 'Start Menu->Programs' shortcuts were invalid but they aren't, although it's an easy fix to ignore them by simply unticking 'Issues->File Integrity->Start Menu Shortcuts'.

I'm confuzzled beyond belief......the computer I'm on is running Win 2000 Pro....with only one account that everyone in my family uses (I'm about 16, but the most knowlageable about computers :) ) So, obviously when I installed CCleaner, its on the one and only account.

On my other PC (A Dell), everyone at this point is an Administrator, which will change in the near future. When I installed CCleaner on that computer, I found it only installed to the one profile I was on. What is the easiest way for all users of that computer to have CCleaner on the other accounts???

AJ

• Moderators

What is the easiest way for all users of that computer to have CCleaner on the other accounts?

1. Log onto that PC using any Admin account (assuming it's WinXP).

2. Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

3. Create a link that points to CCleaner.exe

4. Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

5. Create a link that points to CCleaner.exe

It will now be available via the Desktop and Start Menu->All Programs

I'm confuzzled beyond belief......the computer I'm on is running Win 2000 Pro....with only one account that everyone in my family uses (I'm about 16, but the most knowlageable about computers :) ) So, obviously when I installed CCleaner, its on the one and only account.

On my other PC (A Dell), everyone at this point is an Administrator, which will change in the near future. When I installed CCleaner on that computer, I found it only installed to the one profile I was on. What is the easiest way for all users of that computer to have CCleaner on the other accounts???

AJ

CCleaner it's installed for All Users already! (Administrators or Limited Account) :P

All users can access ccleaner from Recycle Bin's right click menu! :D

If you want all users to have access to CCleaner from "Start Menu" all you have to do it's to login as the user who installed CCleaner go to "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR User NAME\Start Menu\Programs\" and move CCleaner group to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\" ;)

And you're done!!!!! :lol:

• Moderators

If you want all users to have access to CCleaner from "Start Menu" all you have to do it's to login as the user who installed CCleaner go to "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR User NAME\Start Menu\Programs\" and move CCleaner group to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\"

That would of course constitute someone having to manually cleanup after uninstalling CCleaner, for instance if someone wanted to do a clean install they would be left with an unused folder group that the uninstaller won't remove.

That would of course constitute someone having to manually cleanup after uninstalling CCleaner, for instance if someone wanted to do a clean install they would be left with an unused folder group that the uninstaller won't remove.

This is one of the reasons why i start this post :D