what shouldnt i be running?

TheFiresInTheSky

are you by any chance using Virtual Memory? because on the bottom, that's a little high. accually, a LOT.

as for stuff you don't need, igfxtray.exe and YPager.exe are the only ones that i can see. i don't really know what YPager does but igfxtray is useless.

I also have deactivated jusched; that's the task checking for Java Runtime updates.

as for stuff you don't need, igfxtray.exe and YPager.exe are the only ones that i can see. i don't really know what YPager does but igfxtray is useless.

It seems to be the task manager itself taking up most of that CPU usage; no problem therefore.

Yes, I think that YPager.exe is Yahoo IM.

Personally, I wouldnt use either Yahoo IM or AIM and would delete anything on the system that has anything todo with either one of them. :P

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

nice, then wat do i use?

Well, GAIM supports both AIM and Yahoo!, as well as dozens of other IM apps.

And if you want to be cool like me, you should get Google Talk. B)

BTW, that explorer.exe process is looking pretty hefty... may wanna kill him off. :P j/k

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

google talk isnt that secure. you can figure out someones password in seconds. im gonna try gaim out but i heard it had all kinds of pop ups, ads, and spyware.

google talk isnt that secure. you can figure out someones password in seconds. im gonna try gaim out but i heard it had all kinds of pop ups, ads, and spyware.

Can't be any less secure than AIM! I gotta agree with Eldmannen and his intense dislike for AOL products. They're always bloated, and they put junk all over your computer. I can't imagine that they're all that secure either...

I like GT cause it's small, sleek, loads very fast, and is easy to use. It has a couple little quirks that bug me, but all in all, it isn't too bad.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

nice, then wat do i use?

I use Miranda IM which is a free, open-source, very thin, light-weight, bloat-free, high-customizable (due to good modular plugin architecture) IM client. To connect to Jabber/XMPP services using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer (encrypted)).

Why would Google Talk be less secure than anything else?

I highly doubt you can find out someones passwords in seconds.

Maybe you heard about AIM?

Because GAIM does not contain any popups, ads or spyware. GAIM is a free, open-source product. No malware there!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

well lets just say i got curious and i was trying to figure out how secure my programs wer. i downloaded a program and ran it on my computer and it found no passwords. i ran it on my friends who had google talk and it found the password instantly.