foobar

ugly, but uses little resources. took me awhile to get used to the ugly look of the beast, but its very low on resources, which is a plus for me. also, i found a neat desktop icon to make it look neat when closed up. :)

I've recently become a convert to Foobar because it plays and converts my FLAC audio right out of the box. I like how it not only converts .cda files into FLAC/MP3/etc., but it also lets you convert from one compressed non-cda format to another. Easy to use, slim in size and resource usage, and IT PLAYS FLAC! w00t!

Although, I will admit it isn't much to look at. :( Haven't tried XMPlay yet, but from the pics, it looks like a decent audio player as well.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

as for XMPlay, it sucks. it has a crap interface and uses more memory than foobar.

Agreed! It doesn't play all the formats I use right-out-of-the-box like foobar2000 does, plus foobar2000 uses all of the official tagging formats for the meriad of audio file types it plays.

Using foobar2000 with the Columns UI plugin means I won't be switching to any other "so called" wannabe player anytime soon or in the distant future. I only wish it came by default setup with Columns UI because the default listing of files isn't all that pretty albeit it is still funtional.

Have you tried XMPlay? It takes up next to no resources at all. :D Lightweight, portable, and just awesome. :D

I gave it a shot, but it wasnt for me. Some may not agree, but i still think wmp is a pretty good player. :blink: