linux iso

TheFiresInTheSky

i get a link from hazlenut about linux iso.

i try the cd and i get this,

ISOLINUX 2.04 2003-04-16 isolinux: Loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it

isolinux:Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.

i used this information from here

and downloaded live CD, intel 86 live cd from here

whats wrong with it!

i just tried another installation from that site but it didnt work. i tried the first one. i burned them at x4 speed

another thing i might add in, i erased the OS and i was just going to put linux in it but it doesnt seem to be working.

This may be a wild guess but is it possible you are having issues with your cd burner or cd burning software? I've had both in the past and most recently I was having strange intermittent problems while creating CDs. Sometimes they would burn OK and sometimes had errors or wouldn't burn at all. I switched from Nero to AVS Disk Creator, which is free, and have had no problems since.

Information Download

BTW, thanks to theTOM_SK for the recommendation and to Andavari for the two links.

i cant get inside the puter to check but all the BIOS says is:

processor speed-200 MHz

0032768 KB

base memory-640KB

extended memory-31744KB

cache size-256K

processor type-pentium? chip

with-MMX technology

thats all i can get

I JUST TRIED IT IN ANOTHER COMPUTER AND IT WORKS. SO IVE WASTED A DAY TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK WHEN IT COULDNT EVEN HANDLE IT. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET IT TO WORK WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING?

so how do i get it to work on 32 MB RAM?

32 MB of RAM! Holy Crap dude. Pull a card out of one of your other computers and up that a bit. That's worthless.

btw PC100 & PC133 cards are usually interchangeable

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

32 MB of RAM! Holy Crap dude. Pull a card out of one of your other computers and up that a bit. That's worthless.

btw PC100 & PC133 cards are usually interchangeable

a Pentium 200 uses EDO not PC100 or PC133 RAM.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

a Pentium 200 uses EDO not PC100 or PC133 RAM.

haha...I didn't even look to see what he was using. :o Just guessed.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

here we go, im out of it when it comes to this kind of stuff. just had my first peek in a computer yesterday. dont know about cards, i do know a bit about memory tho and i heard you had to have to of the same at a time? and what is X11? i was so confused when i installed linux so i just basically kept pressing continue.

moved linux topics here.

X11 is version X11 of the X Window System.

X Window System is often called just 'X'.

If you dont have X, then you have just a command line, console, shell prompt. Black screen with white text where you can type in commands.

But if you have X you can get graphics and a window system and run graphical applications.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System

And over X you usually run a WM (Window Manager) and/or DE (Desktop Environment) such as GNOME, KDE, Xfce, Fluxbox, etc. And depending on which you choose to use, your desktop looks and behaves different.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png