System restore?

Not sure if this a CCleaner bug or not, but . . .

I just downloaded the free version of CCleaner and did Analyze / Run Cleaner.

Then began checking out the options under "Tools."  Everything was good until I came to "System Restore."    It's been 30 minutes now, and nothing shows up -- just the continuous little circle that I assume means "we're trying . . . "

Looks like I have a ton of issues under "Registry" but I'm gonna hold off of that until I can find out what the problem is with System Restore.

This rank beginner will much appreciate any help or advice!

hazelnut -- sound advice, without a doubt.  I'm hopefully getting there . . .   My OS is Windows 10 64-bit.  It's an HP w/ i5 processor, 8 GB Ram,  919 GB HD with 142 GB currently used.  Bought it over 5 years ago (ouch!).  

Andavari -- Turns out I has System Restore "ON" but didn't have any space allocated for it -- hence no Restore Point existed..    I moved the slider to 6% (55.14 GB) and manually created a System Restore Point.  Then I went back into CCleaner / Tools / System Restore, and Voila! there it was, no problem.

Onward.  What else do I need to know before I do a Registry clean?  I'll back up all my documents, music and pictures to my portable HD of course.  Not sure if I should (or could ?) back up my whole system that way or not . . . Would that be feasible?

Anyway, thanks to you both for replying.

• Moderators

It's always good to backup your whole system. I do it once every two weeks, but that is just me. I have never had any issues with the Registry Cleaner, but I have a default system. I don't have any custom system folder locations, or any different locations for anything major. Just create a system restore point and backup the registry when asked during cleaning (you just never know).

If you run into any issues, feel free to post here.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key