What is wrong with the Hotfix Uninstaller?

slowday444

As far as I know, I haven't had any problems.

Hi slowday444. The "hotfix uninstaller" is deleting the $hf_mig$ folder. This folder isn't supposed to be deleted. MrG fixed it for CCleaner v1.28 which will be released in a few days.

If you do a forum search for $hf_mig$ you will find all of the information about it.

There are 2 solutions that have been established thus far, to repair the folder.

1. A system restore point that is dated prior to using the "hotfix uninstaller" in any versions of 1.27 (even the betas).

2. Or, a repair installation.

Example of something that could go wrong, and you won't realize it. Let's say that you have a hotfix from 1 year ago, and MS releases an updated hotfix for the old hotfix. Your auto updates will not install the updated hotfix on your computer because the old hotfix isn't cached in your $hf_mig$ folder. Therefore, they don't think that you need the updated hotfix, but you really do.

Hope that this helps. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

If I could just add that the $hf_mig$ folder (should you have deleted it ) will be restored with the next MS update but will only contain the new info.

That is why my $hf_mig$ folder is unfortunately now only 4.1mb's instead of the hundreds of mb's it should be.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com