Nero files found after uninstallation

Avak1924

A while back I download a trial version of the lastest version of Nero Burning ROM. I wasn't really too impressed with it so I uninstalled it through my add/remove programs. But when I was looking through my C drive I found a folder named Nero 7 in my Program Files folder. I thought my computer uninstalled everything so why is it in there and is there any safe way of getting rid of it? Thanks

~Avak1924~

• Moderators

If it's left over after uninstall it's more than likely safe to remove.

Some uninstallers will leave behind a folder because of some sort of configuration file (.cfg, .dat, .ini) that the installed application created after it was first launched which of course won't be known by the uninstaller hence it wasn't created during installation.

You should also check the "C:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\Application Data" folder hence most modern applications commonly store settings and other stuff in there that typically is never removed no matter how good the uninstaller is.

Also to aid in better, near complete, or complete removal of applications that you eventually uninstall you really do need an installation watching program, such as Total Uninstall (Last Freeware Version).

A while back I download a trial version of the lastest version of Nero Burning ROM. I wasn't really too impressed with it so I uninstalled it through my add/remove programs. But when I was looking through my C drive I found a folder named Nero 7 in my Program Files folder. I thought my computer uninstalled everything so why is it in there and is there any safe way of getting rid of it? Thanks

~Avak1924~

Go to this page and you can download some tools to clean Nero from your system.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Nero_7_Clean_Tool.html

Andavari, I found another folder named NeroDemo9598. This folder was in the path C:\Document and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp. The local settings folder mention in the path was a hidden folder. The folder has about 350 mb of stuff I'm assuming the goes with Nero. Is it safe to delete this stuff?

~Avak1924~

It is leftovers, because the crappy software couldnt even manage todo an half-decent uninstaller. You should mail them and cuss at them wildly.

Also, a good idea is to avoid "trial versions", imho they are nothing more than a huge disappointment and annoyance.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png