Scan JUST Download Folder

awriternot

OK, this may seem a little basic, but I must be doing something wrong.  How would I scan just my downloads folder?  I tried unselecting the default C drive and adding just the download folder path and that did nothing.

I then tried to exclude a bunch of random folders and that didn't work.  :wacko:

Is there an easier way to scan just that folder without excluding the rest of the C drive?  

Thank you for your help!

hello awriternot

How would I scan just my downloads folder?

you will delete only the content of your download folder?

Is there an easier way to scan just that folder without excluding the rest of the C drive?

perhaps this help you

1) use the include option and choose the type of files/folders that you will delete and check the point "cleaner-->windows-->custom files and folders"

2) if you dont want cleaning your C drive and only your custom download folder --> uncheck all points in "cleaner-->windows (without custom files and folders)" and "cleaner-->applications"

look at the 2 screenshots: (any nicer someone deletes permanently the 2 photos, perhaps the pics remain standing.)

285647-1442493633.jpg

ba579b-1442493793.jpg

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Scan for what?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

That isn't really how CCleaner functions. Although I supposed (having never tried it) that you could disable everything in the Cleaner section of CCleaner, and then manually input what you want it to clean in only the Downloads folder via the Include feature.

Edit:

If CCleaner doesn't just clean that downloads folder they way you want you may be able to make a Batch (.bat) file to clean unwanted filetypes/extensions from the downloads folder. I personally do this to remove junk from icon packages I download, see the example in the codebox below. If you're not into making a Batch file there's bound to be a freeware tool that can eliminate filetypes from folders.

attrib /s -r -h -s "C:\Download\*.DS_Store"
attrib /s -r -h -s "C:\Download\thumbs.db"
del /q /f /s "C:\Download\*.DS_Store"
del /q /f /s "C:\Download\thumbs.db"
Edited by Andavari