ccsetup506 fails to run on Windows 8.1

This is the second time the ccsetup has stalled.

The first time I reported this problem with ccsetup505:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=43467

The solution at that time was to use a different build ccsetup505_slim; there does not appear to be an equivalent build for ccsetup506.

I've terminated any running versions of CCleaner, but the installation still stalls after "Install Options".

can you deactivate your av for the install-session?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

dvdbane, Thanks, turning off the Wifi did it.   However, something went a little weird with the adapter; when I went to turn it back on it said it was on, but the tray icon showed it off; the troubleshooter fixed the problem (it was actually off).

What is setup trying to do over the internet during the installation that causes it to hang?

What is setup trying to do over the internet during the installation that causes it to hang?

i have read in another thread that the av blocks ccleaner installer with google-setup-link-thing... (i dont know what av this was) thats why the "normal" ccleaner hangs

but nice to read this solution :)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Windows 8.1 x64 Pro here, installed without issues over ethernet, didn't attempt to use Wi-Fi, but I'm going to assume that it's an anti-virus blocking the Google Chrome offer

I suspect you're correct.  Apparently CCleaner setup is trying to communicate with a server during the update; when setup sees no internet connection it just continues with the installation.  I suspect setup was trying to load some (unwanted) third party software that was blocked by my security setting and that caused it to stall when the internet connection was active.

• Moderators

It could also be signature checking if you have windows set to verify the certificate of installers/executables

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It could also be signature checking if you have windows set to verify the certificate of installers/executables

Signature checking is done during the download of the setup not during the execution.  Piriform will release Setup_slim build that excludes the third-party add-ons.