CCleaner not deleting Internet Temporary Files

Tazio

CCleaner does not delete Internet Temporary Files if they don't reside on Windows boot disk.

I moved the temporary files from C: to E: (editing the register) to save space and activity on my SSD WIN7 64 boot disk.

Apparently CCleaner does not read the register but assumes the temporary files are on "C:" disk.

P.S. It's a pity MS does not offer an easy way for the user  to move all the non vital files (i.e. logs, temporary etc) form an SSD boot disk to a secondary one.

You can go into CCleaner and click Options->Include and then input the new path to clean, although it probably isn't going to clean as good as the normal built in cleaner.

v5.03.5128 x64 won't allow navigation to the following folder:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

I have over 3.5 million files and counting in this particular folder, and it would be great if it could be managed for cleanup.

I'm under the impression the Fusion Logger generated the files in the above directory, but I could be mistaken.  IE's cleanup mechanism doesn't seem to manage the directory.

Follow up: File count amounted to ~10 million files. 

on my w8.1 64 is no folder with this name...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I've used CCleaner for years. However, I recently did a clean install of win7 with all the MS Updates and CCleaner(Free version and PRO Trial) crashes when FF internet temp files is selected (it's selected by default).

• Moderators

I've used CCleaner for years. However, I recently did a clean install of win7 with all the MS Updates and CCleaner(Free version and PRO Trial) crashes when FF internet temp files is selected (it's selected by default).

Please start a new topic about your problem as your issue is not the same as this topic.

Thanks.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com