cannot uninstall panda plat 2006

Hi all: I cannot uninstall panda av platinum 2006. The uninstall option in start>all programs has a red cross. I cannot use add/remove progs as i get error message "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.";I have been all over the web and cannot find a solution.My REGEDIT won't run and I have now downloaded and used Ccleaner but still the same. Format is last resort. Can anyone help please. :(

Hi all: I cannot uninstall panda av platinum 2006. The uninstall option in start>all programs has a red cross. I cannot use add/remove progs as i get error message "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.";I have been all over the web and cannot find a solution.My REGEDIT won't run and I have now downloaded and used Ccleaner but still the same. Format is last resort. Can anyone help please. :(

Hi 26001993,

Did you Run CCleaner, and use it's Unistall Programs feature? Are you saying that CCleaner's - Uninstall Programs's - can't uninstall it?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Here's a couple of things you can do which will hopefully allow for it's proper uninstallation:

* Uninstall it in Safe Mode.

* Reinstall it to repair the uninstall program no need to download updates etc, reboot into Safe Mode, and then try to uninstall it.

Hi 26001993,

Did you Run CCleaner, and use it's Unistall Programs feature? Are you saying that CCleaner's - Uninstall Programs's - can't uninstall it?

Yeah andavari is right just reinstall it right over the current install, and then try to uninstall it.

That's correct - the uninstall feature produced the same error message. The other 2 assists (thank you for trying) also failed. I have formatted via the symantec restore (using a dell 3000) so all ok now - just a pain putting it all back together again.

• Moderators

I have formatted via the symantec restore (using a dell 3000) so all ok now - just a pain putting it all back together again.

Formatted to get rid of it?

Not wise, but too late. If it wouldn't have uninstalled on my system I would have attempted to unregister it, disable all processes and then manually removed it, e.g.; delete the f'r and then run a horde of registry cleaners to make sure it was gone. That's how I completely got rid of Outlook Express which doesn't have an uninstaller that I know of.

I had the same problem recently, when I updated Adobe Reader from 7.0.5 to 7.0.7. An error message kept coming up saying "this patch package could not be opened..." Tried to physically uninstal 7.0.5 - wouldn't let me. Tried reinstalling 7.0.5 via CD then uninstalling it - wouldn't let me. Eventually, after a quick search on Major Geeks I came across Your Uninstaller! 2006, which can and does uninstal any difficult application very easily, plus searches for and displays invalid registry keys for the software in question. So I finally removed my 7.0.5 and some 156 registry keys and all is good :)

You can find/download the above software at www.ursoftware.com

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D