Browsar

hazelnut

• Moderators

You had me intrigued enough that I checked it out.  thanks for the link.

Looks like it is really meant for those where privacy is utmost, but I wonder how many will stick with it once they read it's based on IE.

I understand why they chose IE but I also wonder if they haven't backed a dead horse.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Got it.  Thanks.  Not tried yet.  Notice there is one for win 98? 

Andavari, still got your 98 machine?  I do, havent had it running in 10 years though.    :)   

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Screenshots of it:

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Browzar-Screenshot-49365.html

Although more secure with allot of IE security risk stuff turned off (would be more interesting to me if they made a portable standalone program to turn all that crap off in IE itself) I won't use a browser that uses IE's core/engine.

Andavari, still got your 98 machine?  I do, havent had it running in 10 years though.    :)   

Haven't plugged it in since the fall of 2006 when I replaced the CMOS battery, so it probably needs another one of those batteries by now.  :lol: If I had somewhere to put it, it would be up and running Descent 3 since that game is one of the two reasons I kept that old system (other reason would be as a big MP3 player using some ancient supportable version of Foobar2000), one of these days it will have a corner all its own - completely offline of course.

Edited by Andavari

I'm on here now using Browzar on the xp machine.  Works pretty good, fast.  Gonna look around a bit then shut Browzar down and see whats left over.  :)

Edit:  Google maps goes straight to the UK.  :P

Maps work much much faster than regular internet explorer.

edit again:

Everything seems to be (mostly) gone after shutting it down. 

There are 2 things left in the DOMStore that I don't recognize:  www dot browzar[1].xml and s7.addthis[1].xml

Also a prefetch file called BROWZARBLACK2000.EXE . . . .pf

So it seems this browser would actually leave tracks on the host computer, not sure of that. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.