The End of the Internet?

Mike Rochip

Yeah, phone companires **** sucks!

They want to charge much, and for bandwidth, for every connection, every site you visit or every mail you send/recieve, etc.

And they are scared as hell over VoIP because they think almost everybody have Internet, and if everybody can call each other on Internet for free, then they cant get money.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

When that happens, we can all boycott the internet...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What,? THey can't MAKE us use it or anything... & it only has to be a few months or so...

that's better than submitting to years n years of imprisonment in digital chains. Just to show

em' that we won't buy em!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did they get the idea they can "force" us to pay for it anyway?

By that time, I will find a way to have everyone directly connected without having to use

the web. It will be all free. We can all connect. Amen?

Oh yeah, and don't forget!!! The most likely excuse, oops, lie I mean, that they will use,:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE HAVE TO CHARGE YOU! We are in some kind of hole or something, & we are only

doing this to recoup any monies lost. Yeah Right!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't buy that. Somewhere, they have millions socked in a bank, making money from

interest hand over hand... Sweden perhaps? We will never know it though...

Trust your reps!!! They are telling the darn truth!!! Sure, I believe them too!!! NOT!!!

In any event the current prices for Internet access are in my opinion too high.

I agree. I personally think that since nearly all people (in the USA anyway) have access to the Interent, it should be free, and just be a tax you pay. Of course, I feel the same way about software and digital media, and I'm sure that an economist would find a million things wrong with my system...

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I agree. I personally think that since nearly all people (in the USA anyway) have access to the Interent, it should be free, and just be a tax you pay. Of course, I feel the same way about software and digital media, and I'm sure that an economist would find a million things wrong with my system...

Originally, the Internet was free. I guess technically it still is. We are actually paying for access. It was created when universities and the military created a network of interconnected computers to facilitate the sharing of info and to allow groups of people to easily work together on various projects, which if I remember was really nothing more than an early form of electronic mail (Email).

Then of course some evil genius figured out that something so cool had no reason to be free.

• Moderators

Then of course some evil genius figured out that something so cool had no reason to be free.

He must of been the first "virus" or "malware" such a malicous concept charging for the Internet, who would of thunk it.