E3 next week

rridgely

• Moderators

XBOX One equals a flop coming to a store near you in my opinion because allot of people can only afford to buy used games online from auction sites simply because they don't have endless funds to buy them new at $59.99 and higher. That and it needing an always on broadband Internet connection won't make many happy. Oh well their loss, however I've never had one ounce of interest in XBOX since it's inception.

While the Sony PS4 is appreciated for allowing used games and I'll without doubt buy one after a year or two I'm still very leary of the hardware reliability such as so many games that could break a PS3. I wonder if they'll fix the issue where some games don't need to be installed but in doing so cause the Bluray drive to break.

Edited by Andavari
Reworded last sentence

Nintendo has some good stuff in the pipeline. I'm mulling over getting the new animal crossing game, and I'm thinking I'll probably get Link to the Past 2 when it drops as well. I don't have a WiiU, but i may have to get one if they bring a good enough game roster to it.

• Moderators

I don't use my PS2 much these days, and haven't actually had it fired up for a few months, but I've just been looking at a video on the developement of the latest "Killzone" for PS4, "Killzone Shadow Fall Development".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6yXM6VAipU

Killzone is still one of my favourite games on the PS2, and I still prefer the simplicity of the PS2 running games without having to be connected to the internet, with the temptation to "upgrade" or whatever it is that can break the PS3.

Consoles and their internet integration is really what has put me off moving on from my PS2.

• Moderators

Consoles and their internet integration is really what has put me off moving on from my PS2.

The Internet integration is good in the PS3, it allows for downloading OS updates for the hardware itself albeit they can sometimes add in features I would've never wanted, like the warning prompt that displays everytime the PS3 is turned on, it's annoying as hell and a slight several seconds delay with no way to turn it off. One thing though is allot of people use it as a movie and music player more than a game player, I personally use it more as a video and movie player via a USB stick more than anything else.

• Moderators

1 good thing about being a teacher? Summer. :) I sat around and watched all the E3 coverage for the last 3 days and literally had nothing else to do.

I currently have every console out except vita(had one but sold it). I saw lots of games I'm excited for but I'm not sure if I will be going ps4/xbox1 yet. I just upgraded my pc less than a month ago so I'm not really compelled to get anything for a while.(December is a while away though!) I'm pretty sure I will be able to play most of the next gen stuff on my pc so who knows. The pc is hooked to my tv and I play with an xbox controller so its not really that big a difference.

Here is what I'm most excited for:

Mario 3d on WII U

New Donkey Kong on WII U

Assassins Creed 4

The Division(not coming to pc. :( )

Splinter Cell Black List

Zelda 3ds(maybe my most anticipated game?)

Titan Fall(SO glad this is coming to pc)

Watch Dogs

Destiny

There were a ton of interesting games but I think these are the ones I'm most excited for.

• Moderators

I think they were probably going to release it on pc anyway. I can't cost them much in terms of man hours to port it now considering the xbox and ps4 are both x86 now.

I would love to see this bring the cost of games down since devs don't have to develop to individual platforms anymore but I doubt it.

• Moderators

What I'm interested to see is if AMD graphics cards get a real boost in performance from these games now that the PS4/xbox are essentially using the same architecture as the latest AMD graphics cards. I actually bought a AMD card because it was going to be in the new consoles(plus all those free games helped my decision too).

• Moderators

I think it was a PR thing more than anything. They were getting hammered by gamers, the people they need to buy their system on launch day.

I'm really torn about these new consoles. Graphically they aren't a huge leap like ps2 to ps3 was from what I've seen. They do look better but I haven't seen any games that make me think they couldn't have been done similarly on the current systems. This will probably change as the systems age but right now if you have a ps3/360 most of the games are coming out on both current and new systems.

• Moderators

Graphically they aren't a huge leap like ps2 to ps3 was from what I've seen.

Expecting a monumental graphical/visual leap like going from SD to HD which the PS2 to PS3 was is long gone I think, or at least will take a very long time for that to ever happen again.

• Moderators

Yeah, your right. My pc is currently much more powerful than either of the new consoles and I cant really tell the difference in the games from the ps3.

I'm more excited to see what new types of games come out of these new consoles. I'm looking forward to see how The District, and Destiny influence new games. I'm not sure I want solely online games but it might be cool.