Files hidden from Windows question!

slowday444

I downloaded Spysweeper (at Newegg $21.75 = good deal!) last night and did the complete scan before I left for work this morning. It found four files hidden from Windows which it suggested could be rootkits. Three were in GhostSurf (I use the proxy feature to post on a college sports forum, never use it's anti spyware or anti virus features) and one was in Firetune. They are quarantined now. Would there be any legitimate reason either of these programs would have files hidden from Windows? Thank You!

Does not sound like a good deal if you ask me. You could probably find a software which does not cost anything, but does the samething, possibly even doing it better.

Or you could have donated it to Mr.G who makes CCleaner.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I looked up the Lavasoft rootkit revealer, it is apparently only for the Sony DRM which hopefuly only exists in H*ll now...

Woops! So which root kit revealer upperer reveals the most or all of the rootkits? and is free hopefully.

Does spysweeper get em all? if so, no need to change.

As for Sony DRM, why the hell haven't you grapped up a copy of a DRM disk, f*cked up your pc with it, then claimed your millions of $$$ in "POTENTIAL" damages that Sony did to your "business". Why do you let them get away with giving you only 11 songs to download off their site, along with a woops, sorry.

Cheap bastards! They sue people for SHARING songs under the lie that sharing is stealing and therefore piracy? I never heard such a ridiculous statement in my life. Ok, so if they sue for $250,000 per song for "potential" lost revenue, why can't we get them back?

Sony? Are you listening? We have not forgot! Down with Sony $$$ theives!!!

Amen?