Piriform's "Game Booster"

Whiplash

I used to use Iobit's game booster for a long time until they gave the license to some Razer team.

But I was always thinking how great it could be if Piriform's guys could start with some similar development project of such a software.

Having experience with their CCleaner and Defraggler - the smoothness and speed of all Piriform's softwares - I'm kinda sure that they could make much better and cooler software than Iobit's Game Booster ever was.

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of (if not all) Piriform's CCleaner and other software users will be glad to see such a software. ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of (if not all) Piriform's CCleaner and other software users will be glad to see such a software. ;)

Actually, not me. Pretty useless software IMO. Same goes with most "safe" PC optmiziations/boosts/tune-ups.

Hmm, I would not say it on that way actually. If you have a powerful PC, then I could agree that it can't make significant change, but that's not the only thing I'm using that software for. It's good to have it for sorting your games. It has a nice game box where you can put all your games and save your desktop space.

And, on my old PC it really makes things much smoother. Maybe I could turn off all those processes manually, but that would take too much time. Game Booster is doing it by one single click. ;)

• Moderators

Doesn't really seem in the realm of what piriform makes. . . in any way shape or form. . . I can't even, in good conscience tell you my rote "anything can happen" speech about the developers reading all threads and what-not. . .sorry but

:wacko:

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I've read that game boosters pretty much just set the game processes at a higher priority, and don't do much you couldn't do yourself.

Maybe some of them, also some make it easy to turn off some stuff that a casual user may not know how to deal with.

I remember reading about one that could do what a user could actually do themselves by temporarily stopping unnecessary services that always consume resources such as Print Spooler, etc., that aren't required for game playing.

Edited by Andavari

Maybe some of them, also some make it easy to turn off some stuff that a casual user may not know how to deal with.

I remember reading about one that could do what a user could actually do themselves by temporarily stopping unnecessary services that always consume resources such as Print Spooler, etc., that aren't required for game playing.

Yeah, exactly.