Windows 8 and the "Surface" tablet

FPM

We recently purchased a MS Surface tablet w/Windows 8 RT. Can we run cCleaner on this machine? The tech/salesperson made it clear that NO programs/apps not in the Microsoft Store could be loaded. Does anyone have an opinion on this? We'd like to run cCleaner on this machine, if possible. Lots of "crap" is already collecting and we're deleting this stuff as we find it. We're running cCleaner on a Windows 8 Asus Ultrabook, so we can see when we do a "clean" where the "crap" is (not quite in the same places as XP!). It's painful to have to find each and every depository for "crap" on the "Surface" tablet.

The following questions will probably reveal my lack of technical expertise, but I have to ask anyway:

1. Can cCleaner be run from an external flash drive?

2. Could cCleaner be made into an app for the Microsoft Store?

Anyway, any help/suggestions anyone could supply would be appreciated. I've been using cCleaner since Windows 98 and find it quite useful for general cleaning. The registry cleaning is its own problem, but manageable. I'd sure like to be able to use it on the "Surface".

• Moderators

No it will not work. Surface RT doesn't run full windows 8 and as such wont run traditional applications.

If your interested in using surface with traditional applications you would need a surface pro.

Piriform could make a windows rt app later but there haven't been any announcements yet.

• Moderators

@fpm,

so you know for future software choices, you need to get programs that work on ARM architect which is the processor Win8 RT is.

CC only works on x86 processors.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

corona that post was neither helpful nor inoffensive, please (as you are usually a good member) take the time to change and reflect upon what I have said (lest I come back and meddle in your post m'self ;) )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com