Temp Internet Files Left in win 7 ie9 Sandbox

login123

A few files are left in the Sandbox after running Ccleaner 3.22.1800 64 bit.

Applications Adobe Flash Player and Sandboxie were checked.

IE9 was not running while washing.

They have long file paths and file names.

Windows explorer will not open them, says the file name or extension is too long.

The folders they are in can be manually deleted in windows explorer.

The file path for one of the folders is:

C:\Sandbox\owner\DefaultBox\user\current\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q4EV83SY

Pictures:

th_Ccl_sbie2.jpg

th_Ccl_sbie1a.jpg

th_Ccl_sbie1b.jpg

Not a big problem, just an FYI.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I haven't ever seen this as I have my sandbox set to delete automatically when I close my browser. (Things I have downloaded will then ask to be recovered of course)

Found something similar

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6875&sid=bd1e3ce9b0327b0614d8dd398b4ae69e

Also does this still happen with ccleaner 3.26?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I haven't ever seen this as I have my sandbox set to delete automatically when I close my browser. (Things I have downloaded will then ask to be recovered of course)

Found something similar

http://www.sandboxie...4d8dd398b4ae69e

Also does this still happen with ccleaner 3.26?

Yes.

Different files this time from the same site, but the same situation.

Probably stuck because of the long file path and file name, do you think?

I can't see that they do any harm, and they can be deleted.

Just thought the nice folks at Piriform might want to know about it.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

same site to me means maybe a second app is using the files (such as a html app, a RSS feed or a program such as outlook or word) maybe open the folder and try to manually delete and if locked use a program which tells who is locking it (such as Unlocker)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Its odd. In Win 7:

- the right click doesn't offer to invoke unlocker, but it does for most other files in the sandbox.

- if you right click and send to Unlocker, nothing happens.

- if you drag the file into Eraser, nothing happens. Other files in the sandbox are erased.

- the files won't copy from the sandbox to another location. You get a warning saying the filename is too long.

- the files won't open, and you cannot highlight and copy the text content, but in win xp you can.

- 7zip abbreviates the files before putting them into an archive. So the text content can't be captured that way.

The stubborn files have a .js extension. If you search the folder for files with the .js extension in win explorer, those long ones aren't found. Others .js files in the same folder are found, and they behave normally when highlighted, deleted, Ccleanered, etc.

And in any case the folder containing them will just delete normally. But I bet that that would be a lot more difficult if they weren't in the sandbox, and especially if an unsuspecting user didn't know how to look for them in temporary internet files.

Another, this one in a win xp sandbox. Same behaviors except in xp you can copy the folder to my documents and open the file there and copy the text.

th_Ccl_sbie3.jpg

Piri team maybe should know about it. Mostly because when Ccleaner hangs up on this file, there are a gazillion folders left in the sandbox. Empty, to be sure, but there they are, left over.

Still not a problem for me, just an FYI. I won't post any more about it, don't know any more. :P

Solution is probably as Hazelnut suggested, set sandbox to delete on shutdown. Thanks Hazel.