Ironically Limewire

Newhotness

So here goes, just something funny I was told the other day... A friend of mine was using the free Limewire basic and at the same time was doing some .exe cleaning in one of their folders. Well they had the text "limewire" Crtl+c at the time and happened to Crtl+v it into the search box of the open limewire session. Thinking it funny, they pushed Enter and sure enough up came matches for Limewire Pro with Crack. I just found it rather ironic that using the free limewire you could get a copy of the paid for version. ok well enough procrastination for now...

So here goes, just something funny I was told the other day... A friend of mine was using the free Limewire basic and at the same time was doing some .exe cleaning in one of their folders. Well they had the text "limewire" Crtl+c at the time and happened to Crtl+v it into the search box of the open limewire session. Thinking it funny, they pushed Enter and sure enough up came matches for Limewire Pro with Crack. I just found it rather ironic that using the free limewire you could get a copy of the paid for version. ok well enough procrastination for now...

Have you ever thought that like... "60%" or so are Viruses? :huh:

I only use LimeWire for Music. be smart and don't search nor... download programs from any P2P program :lol:

Have you ever thought that like... "60%" or so are Viruses? :huh:

I only use LimeWire for Music. be smart and don't search nor... download programs from any P2P program :lol:

Well, usually it's pretty obvious if a file on a P2P network is a phony. Obviously, if you find Adobe Photoshop CS2, and it's only 61k, it most likely is not Adobe Photoshop. Common sense.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Well, usually it's pretty obvious if a file on a P2P network is a phony. Obviously, if you find Adobe Photoshop CS2, and it's only 61k, it most likely is not Adobe Photoshop. Common sense.

Yep, Usually the files for programs are near... 100,000KB

I think what was being pointed out is that ptp networks are a cesspool of fake programs, real viruses/spyware, and an utter waste of time for all but perhaps music files. More to the point of my original post, I just found it kinda odd that you could download (yes the working version) of Limewire Pro using the free Limewire basic. I didn't really want to start up a list of all the reasons ptp networks suck. With all the warez and crack talk going on, i found it odd that a program designed to get this stuff is basically being hacked by itself, just kinda thought it was funny.

I think what was being pointed out is that ptp networks are a cesspool of fake programs, real viruses/spyware, and an utter waste of time for all but perhaps music files. More to the point of my original post, I just found it kinda odd that you could download (yes the working version) of Limewire Pro using the free Limewire basic. I didn't really want to start up a list of all the reasons ptp networks suck. With all the warez and crack talk going on, i found it odd that a program designed to get this stuff is basically being hacked by itself, just kinda thought it was funny.

No need to worry; point was not missed. I was simply replying to Inu-Ya's comment.

Yes, it is humorous that you can crack Limewire with... well, itself!

I mean, that is the equivalent to being able to activate Windows with a built-in activator. And considering Pro is $300, it would make a quaint lil' feature... :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

download bitlord, and search on thepiratebay.org for bittorrents.

What??? I'm not looking for downloads, or suggestive sites to obtain them, as for torrent clients, i've been a bitcomet kind of guy for a while now, but i've moved on to newsgroups now, faster and more reliable...