Master cookie de-select controls

Super Fast

Can we have 1 tab for all the web browsers?

_____

Currently, they are spread across Windows & Applications tabs.

Would be much easier to use if they had Applications | Browsers | Windows

_____

Consider the following scenario:

Julie doesn't want her cookies erased, because it stores her login information to site X.

Julie DOES want to clean her PC.

She unticks cookies under Internet Explorer, quite forgetting that she had Firefox installed, or even that Applications tab lists the "other" web browsers.

ZAP! Because Julie did not have a master cookie de-selector option, all the cookies she had under (firefox/chrome/safari/opera) get erased.

Now, she is unable to log-in & she can't remember her passwords!!!

_____

Also, it is a pain to check long lists to find your web browser(s) & hope you uncheck the cookies option for each of them without missing something.

When you have 1,500+ softwares installed on a test machine, the list can be quite long to navigate to try to find cookies under every browser.

Please, can we have a tab for Internet Browsers so that we can have a master cookie selector/deselector so we don't run into problems like this?

Thanks!

• Moderators

um isn't this feature already available in the form of the cookies to keep page, I.e. Setting the cookies you want to keep

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

If there was a cookie/preferences MASTER LIST that applies to all brousers, then you could also have a cookie/preferences SAVE/EXPORT button. My friends and I have always thought that you LOVE/HATE the same cookies regardless of which brouser you're using. We don't see why Chrome, Int Explr and Firefox cookies have to be separate lists.

A MASTER LIST and cookie/preferences SAVE BUTTON goes hand in hand.

For non-tech people there should be a way to "SAVE/EXPORT" the cookie and CCleaner settings to an export document like Firefox uses for its bookmarks. If there was a "SAVE/EXPORT" choice that left the doc. on the desktop, you could import it into another computer or save it to import it back after a operating system change or even a clean re-install of CCleaner. I too have lost hours of select/deselect time not knowing how to SAVE-EXPORT my prized preferences.

The reason I love CCLEANER so much is because it allows a SIMPLE way for a non-tech computer user to do UBER-TECHIE STUFF and always be successful. It makes me feel smart. The utility is a must have for every computer.

• Moderators

and the masterlist for all cookies already exists, as also the cookies option in ccleaner already

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@ SuperFast

You are asking for "1 Tab ..."

Is that really you :unsure:

We don't see why Chrome, Int Explr and Firefox cookies have to be separate lists.

The fact that more than one browser is used suggests that only one does NOT meet all needs,

and therefore you may have different requirements of what needs preserving and what needs removing.

e.g. one browser + addons might be used for secure banking transactions where you trust the other site but must protect against hackers,

and another browser might download from the dark side of the internet where you are in greater danger from the site you have chosen.