Create new themes for CCleaner

Guest Keatah

Please! No extra themes. This is un-necessary bloat. CCleaner is a utility with a specific function, system cleaning and garbage removal. And oft-times we just have it auto-run or right click on it from the recycle bin. This means a lot of times we never even see the interface. The interface we have now is fine. It has been fine for the past 5 years. Let us not institute changes just to make changes for change's sake. Incidentally, this lack of change for change's sake has kept CCleaner small and efficient and quite the friendly tool. I believe I just mentioned this as a big plus in a recent post.

So definitely not. No additional themes please. If you want to customize stuff for fun and games, go work on your browser and desktop or go play with your smartphone. There's endless things to be done there. And you spend time looking at those more than you do CCleaner.

Problem with doing that is when re-saving CCleaner.exe it would remove the digital signature in the file.

I didn't think of that. I've never cared much for digital certificates anyway, so I guess one could (hypothetically) strip the certificate from the PE file header and continue using CCleaner like normal.

This is un-necessary bloat.

Actually; an algorithm to automagically replace internal styles/resources with files contained outside the executable (in other words, load a custom theme) could be done in about 2kb (post-compilation) of code. I say this from experience.

I'm Shane.