Recycle bins and more

-Can you make an option to clean ALL recycle bins and not the one for C driver only?

Right now I have to add them manually to the ini file.

-Can you write an updater to update CCleaner itself when new version is out?

It shouldn't be hard, I wrote mine in 10 minutes.

Thanks anyway

These are included in the Pro (paid) version.

The additional benefits that CCleaner Professional has over CCleaner Free are:

- Cleaning across multiple users in a single click

- Auto-Updating

- Priority email Support

- First notification of updates, beta programs and special offers

Obviously your wrong.

Looking on another thread here on the forum an admin stated that options are identical in both pro and basic, the only difference is e-mail support.

-Cleaning recycle bins on all drives is not implemented in CCleaner yet, it only cleans the one on C drive.

-Auto-update is nothing more than a message box to tell you that there is a new version and if you want to go to the web to download it, that's not what auto-update is all about.

You're correct HeilNizar; multi-drive recycle bin cleaning isn't in CCleaner. There are two ways that you can achieve it though.

Option #1: Add to ccleaner.ini

You will need to set CCleaner to save it's configuration to an .ini file. Open that file with notepad (it's called ccleaner.ini) and add the following lines:

Include1=PATH|G:\$Recycle.Bin\|*.*

Include2=PATH|G:\$RECYCLER\|*.*

(Where "G:\" is the drive you want to target)

Option 2: Using Winapp2.ini

You can extend the cleaning rules for CCleaner by creating file called winapp2.ini. There are plenty of examples on making custom cleaning rules in the community's winapp2.ini file.

I'm Shane.

-Auto-update is nothing more than a message box to tell you that there is a new version and if you want to go to the web to download it, that's not what auto-update is all about.

I got my answers in the quotes straight from Piriform. How you know the update is like that, do you have Pro?

True about the bins, I misread. What I meant was you can clean all profiles in Pro (and their bins).

That's why I posted here, it's a suggestion for the developers to implement such important options.

I'm a programmer and already added drives recycle bins to the ini and wrote an updater, which took me 10 minutes, so it should be easy for the developers.

So actually its an issue for normal users.

• Moderators

-Can you make an option to clean ALL recycle bins and not the one for C driver only?

I don't know how it's not cleaning the Recycle Bin on two confirmed users computers stating it won't clean other hard disks, however; I use free portable version and haven't added anything into the .INI file to clean other Recycle Bins since it has always cleaned all of the Recycle Bins on my system for my secondary hard disks and partitions.

The only Recycle Bin reference in my settings .INI file is this "(App)Empty Recycle Bin=True" which is done via the CCleaner GUI without having to manually edit the .INI file

It makes me wonder if it isn't doing that for you guys perhaps you need to uninstall CCleaner, reboot, and then reinstall it to fix any possible settings issues.

Edit:

This is too obvious and may not be your issue, see screenshot:

post-26-0-98867700-1340979169_thumb.png

Installing applications is just too old fashion, it's the portable age now.

I use the free portable version with the mentioned option checked ofcourse and it never cleaned recycle bins on other partitions and drives, only the one on C.

Please forward this thread to a developer.

• Moderators

CCleaner empties the Recyclers of all my drives as standard on my XP machine, meaning I haven't used an "include" or made entries to ini files to do that.

I have a second internal drive, and two non system partitions on my C: drive, and all Recyclers are emptied with a CCleaner run ...

The data on those three drives is very transient, and the Recyclers would be overflowing by now if they weren't emptied.

Could this have anything to do with the set up of your Recyclers?

I wouldn't have thought an "independent" or a "global" setting would affect whether all Recyclers are emptied or not, but you never know with windows foibles.