Upgrading to latest

Frank Bonin

Hi all,

Have been enjoying using CCleaner for some time now. Problem I am having now is I cannot seem to update to newest version.

I have also tried to delete old version and nothing happens. Get same message " can't write Program: CCleaner\ccleaner or something like that. Will try again and write down correct info.

Any help? Thanks Frank

In addition to my last post I forgot to mention when I click on desktop icon or go to programs and click on ccleaner, all I get is screen trying to build ccleaner with a message it write C:Program\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe. This happened after I tried to download latest version . Can't delete and can't update. Need help as this program has been getting rid of many problems.

Thanks again, Frank

Goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, then select "CCleaner" and uninstall it.

Then goto C:\Program Files\ and look if there is any CCleaner folder, if it is, open it and run uninst.exe

If uninst.exe does not exist, or the CCleaner folder still remains in C:\Program Files\ then manually delete the CCleaner folder.

After you manually delete the folder and files inside the folder and files should be gone. If it wont work, then check so the file or folder dont have "read-only" attribute.

After you done that, goto ccleaner.com and download the newest version and install that.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, then select "CCleaner" and uninstall it.

Tried that first and no go.

Then goto C:\Program Files\ and look if there is any CCleaner folder, if it is, open it and run uninst.exe

Tried this and get this message:  NSIS ERROR:  Error launching installer

If uninst.exe does not exist, or the CCleaner folder still remains in C:\Program Files\ then manually delete the CCleaner folder.

Will try this.  Also forgot to mention I have Windows XP Pro and now I get a message that CCleaner has to close and ask to send file to Microsoft.

After you manually delete the folder and files inside the folder and files should be gone. If it wont work, then check so the file or folder dont have "read-only" attribute.

After you done that, goto ccleaner.com and download the newest version and install that.

25241[/snapback]

25248[/snapback]

Ok I did manually delete folder and files. then downloaded again. When I try to start I get message CCleaner has encoutered a problem and has to close, etc.

I have to go out of town for now and will try to continue when I return.

Thanks for the help, Frank

Ok I did manually delete folder and files. then downloaded again.  When I try to start I get  message CCleaner has encoutered a problem and has to close, etc.

I have to go out of town for now and will try to continue when I return. 

Thanks for the help, Frank

25250[/snapback]

Ok I,m back and tried deleting and downloading again. Any help? Am I the only one with this poblem?

Need help. Thanks Frank

• Moderators

Worth a try:

Install and/or Uninstall it in Safe Mode.

Why?

You may have some resident software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, or something else) installed that won't let it install or uninstall properly or that is interferring.

Thank you all for your help. The answer you gave that I was the only one with the problem is the one I expected.

Now if someone might know how to locate and delete malware put on my computer to stop me from usng this ccleaner program. My belief is a hacker of the most terrible kind has hacked into my computer and is deliberately stopping this program from running.

Anyone got any ideas how to look and delete whatever is stopping this program. By the way it says a lot about this program if someone deliberately does this, don't you think?

Thanks againg for all the help, Frank

My website has a lot of information on cleaning malware from a computer. ;)

Sounds to me like a file is/was in use though. Try uninstalling and reinstalling in Safe Mode. Also, try to install to another directory.