France to Legalise ALL Filesharing?

Mike Rochip

"Passing 1 cd around, copying it, artist spent time making it, how will they make $$$ etc?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) True, they made the 1st copy.

2) Once they sold it, it no longer belonged to them.

3) There is no such thing as "shared" ownership where both of you own it. Either it IS yours, or it isn't.

4) Anything that IS yours, you can do anything you want to with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will they make $$$?

1) I have to work to make a living.

2) Why shouldn't they get a job too?

3) Of course it won't make as many millions as they like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you really care that they are brought down to making the same living as you?

Does it irk you to see them doing hard, manual labor like you?

Are they better than you or something?

"Passing 1 cd around, copying it, artist spent time making it, how will they make $$$ etc?"

1) True, they made the 1st copy.

2) Once they sold it, it no longer belonged to them.

3) There is no such thing as "shared" ownership where both of you own it. Either it IS yours, or it isn't.

4) Anything that IS yours, you can do anything you want to with it.

How will they make $$$?

1) I have to work to make a living.

2) Why shouldn't they get a job too?

3) Of course it won't make as many millions as they like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you really care that they are brought down to making the same living as you?

Does it irk you to see them doing hard, manual labor like you?

Are they better than you or something?

:lol: nice 1...

it would be great if you are working in the govt... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

Nothing sucks worse than Green Day!

Oh, I don't know about that. I think I have to give the Cruddy Audio Award to Rochip. I gotta admit, you whooped me man! I couldn't listen to something crappier than "Mr Big Stuff" if I tried! Your poor friends... of course, since they no longer have ears, I guess it isn't so bad for them. :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Oh, I don't know about that. I think I have to give the Cruddy Audio Award to Rochip. I gotta admit, you whooped me man! I couldn't listen to something crappier than "Mr Big Stuff" if I tried! Your poor friends... of course, since they no longer have ears, I guess it isn't so bad for them. :D

How quickly you forget! Since the part of their ears that actually hear is still INSIDE their head, as I mentioned I no longer have friends, only enemies.

If you want to read about some really, I MEAN REALLY!, scary music click here.

This is a great website but is kind of difficult to navigate. (It is DOS :o based!) It is a gold mine of crappy/bizarre/insane/life-alteringly horrible/unexplainable/anti-matter/otherworld music you have to hear to believe.

The cool thing about this site is you are allowed to in fact encouraged to download stuff. There are a lot of famous performers, bands, and songs, it's often the combinations that are unimaginable.

ccscreenhunter0044na.th.jpg

If you or anyone is interested, I'll post an attachment with a copy of all the playlists I made which makes it a lot easier to find and download the show that has a particular song or songs on it. That way you can download the Justine Bateman and the Mystery songs yourself. You know you want to :P !

If you want to read about some really, I MEAN REALLY!, scary music click here.

This is a great website but is kind of difficult to navigate. (It is DOS :o based!) It is a gold mine of crappy/bizarre/insane/life-alteringly horrible/unexplainable/anti-matter/otherworld music you have to hear to believe.

Heh, love the description! With thesaurus-like abilities such as that, how could I not want to check it out?!

Hmm... I shall regret this, but why don't you attach those playlists. My curiousity is getting the best of me. :D

ding, ding!

Heh, love the description! With thesaurus-like abilities such as that, how could I not want to check it out?!

Hmm... I shall regret this, by why don't you attach those playlists. My curiousity is getting the best of me. :D

Actually, there are a lot of good songs too. And probably songs you forgot about that you like and haven't heard in ages. The catch is you have to download a whole show to get a single song. But that shouldn't be a problem for you snot-nosed, holier-than-thou, ooo look at me I'm so much better than you broadband types.

Not that I'm jealous of people with broadband. I CHOOSE to have dial-up. Oh shut up, I AM NOT crying. A small bird flew into my eye.

Crap_Past_rt.zip

Crap_Past_rt.zip

The italics lokoike is way funnier than the regular typeface Mike Rochip :angry:!

"dancing around the room with glee"

"lokoike has wet himself (again)"

Mike Rochip has wet himself (1st time)

Italics Rochip Beta 1 currently under developement. Copyright issues under investigation. Release date postponed indefinately.;)

The italics lokoike is way funnier than the regular typeface Mike Rochip :angry:!

"dancing around the room with glee"

"lokoike has wet himself (again)"

Mike Rochip has wet himself (1st time)

Italics Rochip Beta 1 currently under developement. Copyright issues under investigation. Release date postponed indefinately.;)

Beta, huh? So is your text gonna look like this? :D

And keep working on wetting yourself; you'll catch up to me one of these days.

The lokoike Virus, designed to wipe out the Italics Rochip Beta 1, is currently under developement. Nobody would let me copywrite it. Screw em'!

ding, ding!

My stealth virus just infected you all. Soon you will see a sudden decrease in what little social life you have, along with a synchronized order to all computer at precisely 8:34:14AM February 10th, 2006 to increase CPU power voltage to 2352935%. Have a nice day.

any of you dub a tape when you were a teen? same thing. i dont see the big deal. its just sharing on a larger level. if i buy an apple and plant the seeds and grow a tree and get 100 apples, is that stealing? its silly really.

by the way france has lots of great things. like legislated 5 weeks holidays for everyone. :)

any of you dub a tape when you were a teen? same thing. i dont see the big deal. its just sharing on a larger level. if i buy an apple and plant the seeds and grow a tree and get 100 apples, is that stealing? its silly really.

by the way france has lots of great things. like legislated 5 weeks holidays for everyone. :)

Governments seem to feel that data should not be allowed to be copied and distributed the way physical items (such as apples) are, but yet, at the same time, anyone who does copy certain data is to be punished the same as if they had stolen something physical.

It makes little sense, because the entire purpose of a computer originally was to: 1. solve complex problems, and 2. make copies. Before computers, the best way to copy something was to either make a carbon copy or a photocopy. Both of these not only degrade with every copy made, but also, the process is very slow, even with the fastest photocopiers.

So computers come out, and they totally pwn all other forms of math processing and copying, and then what happens? They are essentially given a penalty. They are no longer allowed to be used for one of their primary purposes: copying.

I can understand why sharing music, movies, and software is a problem: with the current system, those people who made the media in the first place don't end up with much revenue. But some type of legalized sharing system is going to have to be worked out soon, because no matter how many protections are developed, people will continue to share more and more.

ding, ding!

Governments seem to feel that data should not be allowed to be copied and distributed the way physical items (such as apples) are, but yet, at the same time, anyone who does copy certain data is to be punished the same as if they had stolen something physical.

It makes little sense, because the entire purpose of a computer originally was to: 1. solve complex problems, and 2. make copies. Before computers, the best way to copy something was to either make a carbon copy or a photocopy. Both of these not only degrade with every copy made, but also, the process is very slow, even with the fastest photocopiers.

So computers come out, and they totally pwn all other forms of math processing and copying, and then what happens? They are essentially given a penalty. They are no longer allowed to be used for one of their primary purposes: copying.

I can understand why sharing music, movies, and software is a problem: with the current system, those people who made the media in the first place don't end up with much revenue. But some type of legalized sharing system is going to have to be worked out soon, because no matter how many protections are developed, people will continue to share more and more.

i agree. i personally would have no problem (for an example) paying a much larger sum for lets say blank cds or dvds if the money went to the industry (and was distributed properly), or even storage devices like harddrives, for example. file sharing isnt going away. it will only get bigger. a way to make it work for everyone has to be found to be fair-to the consumer and to the industry.