Someone's been cleaning up the bug reports...

RunAmok

There's been an on-going problem with CCleaner correctly cleaning the recycle bin on a dual disk system, first entered back in November. Any folder in the recycle bin for either drive causes the problem where the recycle bin's files and the related info2 file are not correctly reset (actually, the info2 file is reset to it's empty state but the file representing the deleted folder is still there).

I re-entered this since the problem is still occuring in the latest release - 315.1643. I don't remember now which version the error began in (that was in one of the entries of the original post) but it was 4 or 5 releases ago.

Interestingly, if I delete a folder, running CCleaner shows that it's going to clean the recycle bin in the analyze scan, but after cleaning it does not show the recycle bin in the list of cleaned selections. At that point, the recycle bin icon still shows that there's something in it, opening the recycle bin shows there's nothing there, but clicking on the Empty link (which is not greyed out) asks if you want to delete "Windows" - which is a known problem from as far back as W98 if the recycle bin structure or contents are hosed. Luckily, ignoring the possibility that "Windows" will be deleted, clicking the 'Empty' link resets the recycle bin to it's normal empty state.

• Moderators

Hi again RunAmok.

If I'm reading the title of this new thread right, can I say that the old thread is still there with all it's posts, and in the hope of helping the devs, I'll link to what I think is one of the most relevant entries ...

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=34160&view=findpost&p=204975

I'm sorry you still have the issue, and here's hoping it can be cleared up eventually.

• Moderators

the forum software makes it seem that old threads are gone, but google search brings it right back. (as I believe do some settings in user profile but not sure if they're still there.)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com