How Can I Stop Unwanted E-mails?

tommyk

How do spamers get my e-mail address? I have Thunderbird with junk mail controls which sends them to my junk folder once they are "learned" but they still come into my e-mail "in box" then transferred to junk.

However, I continue to get other spam which I have to teach Thunderbird.

Is there a way to completely stop unwanted e-mail from even arriving in my in-coming box?

Thanks

A few ways you can help stop recieving spam...

1.never reply to them.

2. Never go on untrusted sites that ask for you email.

3. Is so sort risky and i would not recommend but one of my teachers did this and it worked, is at the bottom on most spam it has a thing that says click here if you don't want to recieve this any more, my teach just clicked on that and it made most of it stop. He could have been lying so i would not recmmend this.

4. Delete cookies they can track you and find email address, tracking cookies*

5.using this prgram can help make it so you don't have to set rules http://www.spamai.com/

Hope this helps

:D:D

• Moderators

An easy way to get spam is by signing up for legit contests where you can win stuff like a car, computer, etc. Many of the contest rules will state that your supplied info will be used for marketing research which in short means you may start receiving email from such companies and those they share the info with.

• 2 weeks later...