Ccleaner cursor flickering after clean

dasse

Just like the topic says. Everytime I run a clean, the cursor keeps flickering like epilepsy even after closing ccleaner. It's the pointing arrow and the hourglass (background working?). Sometimes it goes back to normal, after some long minutes. Other times, the only solution is to restart the computer. I've tried switching user, loggin in and out and most of the times unsuccessfully.

This is annoying and started to happen on the latest versions (can´t precise exactly, but, say, since begginnings of setember up to now.)

win xp sp3

Are you sure this only happens when you use CCleaner? Perhaps you can do a malware scan or if this really happens only after you use CCleaner, maybe you could downgrade to an earlier version of CCleaner and see if the problem persists. You can download earlier versions of CCleaner from this site:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Try AutoRuns.

I lost context menu capability due to cursor flickering at about 20 Hz.

AutoRuns showed me that DropBox had planted TEN start-up etc hooks into Explorer.exe.

No more Dropbox for me.

Autoruns may show you a different bogeyman.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Try having the taskmanager open when running ccleaner and see if anything unusual shows.

Do you run windows Defender?

Do you having indexing turned off or on?

Do you have the 'update ccleaner'' button ticked in options?

What video card do you have?

Does it happen if you clean using a different user profile (if you have one) ?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

hazelnut & winapp2.ini, i found the problem. It was caused by the deletion of something performed by an entry in my winapp2.ini. The entry was called *internet explorer more. I rebooted my PC, Un-checked *internet explorer more, and then ran CCleaner and everything worked fine. ^_^

Do you run windows Defender? no

Do you having indexing turned off or on? dont know

Do you have the 'update ccleaner'' button ticked in options? no

What video card do you have? nvidia geforce 8300gs

Does it happen if you clean using a different user profile (if you have one) ? no

Also which operation system do you have and is it up to date? Windows XPSP3\\yes

Are your GPU drivers up to date? Somewhat

• Moderators

To see if you have indexing turned off or on, open ''my computer'', right click on your C drive and select properties. Look at the bottom of the popup box and see if the indexing box is ticked or not.

EDIT... just noticed you posted this elsewhere on forum, did you not think to add that ifo to this thread?

Hey guys, im having a problem with one of the entry's. Its called *internet explorer more. When i have it checked and run CCleaner, it then will cause my cursor to flicker. When im browsing thru folders on my PC, the cursor flickers rapidly. If i reboot, and then uncheck *internet explorer more, everything works fine with no problems.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com