Overheating motherboard?

knightcom

Guest TexShane

Do you see smoke coming out of your tower? (kidding) When was the last time you cleaned your computer's air vents and interior? That may be your fix

• Moderators

Hi, is my motherboard failing or is there a bug in speccy? I have been getting 146 degree on speecy about my motherboard.

Well according to ConvertAll that 146 Celsius is 754.47 Fahrenheit. :lol: I don't think that's possible without your computer melting and burning down the house. I'm curious what does Speccy state it is when switching to the Fahrenheit display.

• Moderators

ConvertAll was wrong, according to this site your 146 degrees Celsius equals 294.8 degrees Fahrenheit, but still that sounds very high. Are you having any computer problems like crashing, etc.? If not some hardware on your system could be reporting the wrong temperature or Speccy is wrong.

You're looking at false readings probably because the sensor is broken or Speccy doesn't read the data correctly.

Typically a motherboard should run slightly cooler than the CPU or GPU because it dissipates heat a lot better.

Furthermore being a laptop with a confined space you would expect similar temperatures for MoBo, CPU and GPU.

Richard S.

@Andavari- Being having several crashing lately (BSOD) when running malwarebytes, however, I resolved this issue after I reformatted my com as I experiences no crashes when running my computer with antimalwarebytes. But, there was once (during one of the BSOD crashes), when my system time was reset to 01/01/2000.

If temperature sensors in your hardware give Speccy bad readings, perhaps they give false data to the rest of the system.

If the CPU cooling fan is not switched on because the sensor gives bad data,

perhaps the CPU is burning up inside and giving BSODs,

but without any hot air being pumped around the outer case and vents might feel O.K.